30 years worth of Bracelets

Thanks! I’ve posted them all on here at one point. My favorite is the frog cuff which is sandcast (the one with 3 turquoise stones). I had seen it years ago at Ogg’s Hogan in Prescott, AZ, but didn’t have the money at the time to buy it. I went back about 3 years later and it was still there, so I knew I needed to get it.

4 Likes

Thinking about a discussion on shopping in another thread, I thought I’d mention that the bottom three cuffs were all bought pawn in shops out west - Page, AZ; Flagstaff, AZ; and Gallup, NM. I bought the tufa cast cuff directly from the artist, and the frog cuff that I got in Prescott wasn’t pawn, but the owner, Jeff Ogg, said it was older, prob from the 50’s. So the great thing is as we educate ourselves, we’re able to buy good pieces in many different places. Sometimes we spend more, sometimes we spend less.

3 Likes

I haven’t seen the cuff on the top right before. Very interesting and cool. Is that Asian turquoise? How is the cat??

1 Like

Do you mean the one with the three stones? I don’t really know. Jason wasn’t sure either, because he said there’s been so much color change, but he said he’s seen Morenci look like that. If you mean the spider web one, no, it is not Asian. Again, I asked Jason’s opinion on a thread we had on spider web turquoise, and he said it could very possibly be Indian Mountain turquoise.

Mosi is somewhat better, but I took her in again today and she has a UTI, so more antibiotics. Sigh.

1 Like

Yes…the turtle cuff. I really like that one.

1 Like

Thanks, it’s actually a frog. Here’s the link to an interesting discussion about it. It was one of the first things I posted on here. Unusual cuff

1 Like

Thanks for the link, @Ziacat ! I didn’t see the frog before; now it’s very evident. Truly a beautiful piece, can see why it’s your favourite. P.S. I would have taken it to be a turtle at first, too!

1 Like

BTW, I didn’t pay ANYWHERE near what they’re asking for the frog with the turquoise in the 1stDibs link :laughing:

Thank you!! That one is sandcast and a Manassa stone…reminded me of a sun. One of the few that I know what it is. :smile:

Haha…yes, that’s the one! I have a new appreciation for that one now that y’all have given me such good stories about what’s going on there. LOL

1 Like

What fun! Cuffs are the best; I love seeing everyone’s collections! I recently decided I didn’t want to keep cuffs packed away where I have to search for one to wear. So…I decided to display a varying assortment on indian corn and a colorful 3rd mesa wicker basket. They’re on my dresser so I see them every day:

So dark…better photo:

15 Likes

LOVE the idea of using corn and a basket to display them! mine are all ferreted away in my jewelry chest. :frowning:

2 Likes

I really love all your cuffs…even the one you can’t wear. The big blue turquoise on the right is mesmerizing!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your wonderful cuffs. The top center would be my favorite! Or maybe bottoms left.

2 Likes

My husband’s favorite cuff. Artist: Marc Anita.
cuff alone

7 Likes

Thank you for sharing the very nice cuff.

I have been stacking these two lately. The blues of each go well together. The leather is nice since it doesn’t bang on the silver of other cuffs.

8 Likes

@Ziacat I want to shop in your jewelry stash.

4 Likes

I bet we all would enjoy shopping in each other’s!

I joined the forum a couple years ago, but I’ve been buying Native jewelry for decades, and it’s been a long slow learning curve. So posting my older stuff (like the bottom cuff which I had previously posted) has helped me have questions answered that I didn’t know to ask at the time of purchase. And sometimes I just completely forgot what I was told, if I didn’t write it down.

3 Likes

@Ziacat I want to shop in your jewelry stash”

Me too! @Ziacat @here4turquoise
I’m first in line for the Reggie cuff and the Calamity ring❤️

1 Like

I have a stash too. I used one white one to make curtains for my guest bedroom.