30 years worth of Bracelets

What a great nugget on that ring and the inlay earrings have a nice color combination. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Beautiful pieces :grinning: Love the Nugget ring.

What is the maker of the symbol in your picture above Chama? I have a little enamel pendant with earrings to match that had that stamp. Thanks so much.

They look beautiful together :smile:

@Ziacat I looked at the shadow box bracelet that is similar to yours. Mine has an etched/scratched “47” on the back of it. I have attached a few photos.

I didn’t notice it until I looked at it under a bright light.

3 Likes

1 Like

Mine has nada on the back. I assume the 47 on yours is a kind of store code or something. I found the post with another similar cuff; that one has a hallmark.
I have a problem!

Thank you for the link. All three look similar.

1 Like

Thank you so much :smile: I couldn’t find it anywhere. I really appreciate it. Thanks so much again :grinning:

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, I don’t even know where to start. These are such beautiful collections! I would like to come shopping at each of your houses, haha.

@RedlandMaggie I’ve always wanted to have one of those double-sided cuffs like your Chama cuffs. I don’t know artists very well but I will have to keep my eye out for something of his; those are perfect! I also like that green and coral cuff and the green and brown cuff above that.

@mmrogers you do some great work. I’m always impressed with your talent.

@TaraFawn75 oh, but those stones! You have a great collection of stone cuffs…many of those look vintage.

I see some things that I would like to snitch out of everyone’s collections here. Y’all keep me learning and investigating about some other styles that I may have not seen much of before.

4 Likes

@Stracci , you got to try some stacking! I’m like you, I never wanted to wear mine together because I was afraid of something knocking or scratching into my stones, but I’ve started to wear flat edged ones together that I don’t have to worry about damaging one another.

I have a long way to go before I am a pro like @Ziacat, though! I like your ability to mix the different styles together and make them look good. On me, that attempt usually ends up looking like I just decided to throw together everything I owned and did it in the dark. Haha

3 Likes

Me too, @Ziacat, I also have a turquoise problem. :wink:. A lot of mine have come from nowhere special, online and at secondhand stores and pawn shops and flea markets and random shops when we travel out west. I enjoy my little treasure hunts, so stuff that I have is a bunch of happy accidents rather than informed or planned purchases. As I’ve learned more about artists here, I have a few that I’m going to keep my eye out for.

I’ve also started sticking my rings in here with my bracelets so it’s becoming something of a mess in this box.

14 Likes

@Xtina What a beautiful collection of bracelets and rings. Any size 7.5 rings?:wink:

1 Like

@here4turquoise thanks! I’d bought some of these way before I knew anything about turquoise so was lucky that they weren’t fake.

Yup, plenty of that size! How convenient! :wink:

3 Likes

Super collection. I like the second cuff from the left, top picture…and the picture jasper cuff is lovely.

2 Likes

@Xtina Nice collection! Eye Candy!

2 Likes

Thank you @Stracci and @nanc9354 !! I obviously don’t have a strong lean towards any specific style; they’re all different. That rectangular one is a turquoise I haven’t has much luck identifying but it looks really cool under a loupe…the matrix looks like rivers and tributaries and deltas. I couldn’t turn down the jasper one. Not just for the stone but I looooooove the raindrops on it.

5 Likes

I have a baby collection compared to the rest of you - that lottery ticket needs to hit one of these days for me to catch up :wink:

5 Likes

it’s not about how much you have but what you have :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It looks a little like Royston…but I always defer to the experts.

I like the dots on the outside of the rectangular turquoise and I just picked up a pendant with similar looking dots. I was questioning if this is Native American. They said it was by Alex Notah. Not sure of this turquoise either. Maybe Kings Manassa? Any help would be appreciated.

This is the first time I bought from a thrift shop. I was at Iowa City. They had quite a few beautiful turquoise cuffs but none of them fit.

7 Likes

@TaraFawn75 yeah, thats the truth. I wish I’d been a little more experienced with some of my purchases. I have a few purchases I wish I’d passed on. My collection is varied and I’ve never bought anything I wouldn’t wear, but it’s evidence of a learning progression with quality. I war with my inner “Mom” (my mom) about the idea of grab what you can that’s a good price (even if it isn’t exactly what you want).

5 Likes