30 years worth of Bracelets

Me too. We are going back to CO in late Sept, but won’t be able to get down to Ouray. I have a nephew in CO Springs, a niece in Florence, and another nephew in Grand Junction, so we’re going to try to see all of them, but it won’t leave time to get back down to the San Juans. Or ABQ where another nephew is :weary:

Thanks for posting yours. It’s always fun to compare notes when someone has something similar. Does yours have a hallmark? A couple years ago someone else on here posted a third one that looks like these. But I can’t find that post for the life of me.

3 Likes

These are stunning bracelets! The turquoises are just gorgeous, and the range of styles is impressive and inspiring. Which ones are your favourites?

(I don’t own any NA turquoise bracelets [yet], solely a sterling cuff by a Canadian First Nations silversmith.)

3 Likes

No hallmark or markings of any sort on the shadow box. Hope to get back to CO, UT and AZ sometime in the next couple of years. Enjoy your trip.
We are heading to the UP of Michigan after Labor Day.

3 Likes

You will buy one eventually if you’re on here long enough :laughing:

The problem for me with cuffs is, I always feel like I have to try them on to see if they fit right. Even if they slide on they’ve got to feel right for me to want to wear them.

3 Likes

Oh, northern MI is my happy place! My brother-in-law lives in Houghton on the Keweenaw Peninsula. We are heading halfway up Lake Michigan to Ludington on Labor Day weekend. No turquoise shopping, just turquoise water.

3 Likes

@Ziacat You are absolutely right about trying on bracelets. They have to fit perfectly. If they spin, pinch or flop around, I won’t wear them.
And the gap has to be 1" or a bit less. Any more than that, and they fall off my arm.

I must’ve tried on about 10 of Lyle Secatero’s bracelets at the Indian Market before I settled on one.
This is why I am hesitant to buy cuff bracelets from eBay or Etsy.

2 Likes

Absolutely agree. The only pieces I’ve bought online have been some from Britwest, because I was able to see her work in person at an Art market, and the cuffs I bought were leather, so you measure your wrist and she sizes them. She is not a native artist, but collaborates with some.

2 Likes

This has been a fun post y’all! I better get myself off to bed because I have to get up fairly early for work tomorrow.

3 Likes

Thank you. My favorite is the green flower cuff.

3 Likes

We will be camping in Bay Furnace, Wilderness SP and a Hip Camp on Lake Superior.

3 Likes

I wasn’t familiar with Bay Furnace, but I see it’s near Munising, which is right by Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. If you haven’t been before, you will love that area. My brother-in-law is couple hours west of there. I’ve been many times to Wilderness; it’s actually in the lower peninsula (but right at the top) by Mackinaw City. Have a great time!

2 Likes

I would love to see your bracelets!

1 Like

Here are a couple made in my workshop for Palms Trading in the late 80s.

12 Likes

Beautiful!! What kind of turquoise? I know that shop, but wasn’t actually able to spend time there till a couple years ago.

2 Likes

Blue stone looks like Chinese. We worked with a lot of high grade Chinese turquoise for Palms at that time. The green stone could be Cerrillos or a Nevada mine. Mark Del Frate, Palms general manager at the time had terrific Turquoise to work with, and always had the best selection of matched Cerrillos cabs I’ve ever seen. I believe Eddie Mauzy cut a lot of it for him.

2 Likes

Both are stunning. I would favor the Cerrillos piece.

1 Like

Wonderful. I love repousse work along side Beautiful turquoise.

3 Likes

Nice cuffs. You did a great job replacing the watch with the turquoise. I don’t have the patience or the nimble fingers to do such work. Your collection tells me you like to stack?

3 Likes

Here we go.

Not all of them fit me…I wish they would. The last three are Mexico…Cony…Bernice Godspeed & Pedro Castillo. One of my favorites, the forth from the left…second picture, is Mary Cayatineto. Someone just posted another piece by her…I forgot where though.

7 Likes

@nanc9354 Actually, I rarely stack. I don’t like my bracelets to smack or rub together. I worry about scratching them.

Ooh! I love all your bracelets!! The Fred Harvey styled cuffs are delish! I also like the Mexican bypass one, too.

I’m very interested in this one… Do you know who made this?

2 Likes