30 years worth of Bracelets

I love vintage tablecloths! Esp California Hand prints…the thick cotton! My collection is only about a dozen!

4 Likes

ohhhhh cal hand prints… this is the only one i have and it’s HUGE.

7 Likes

i sold off a few last year, i was drowning in huge white damask tablecloths for some reason… :wink:

i do have dozens and dozens of random damask napkins, we use them for regular meals instead of paper towels. they are so much nicer and wash up beautifully and just feel so good. i keep a big basket of them on the kitchen counter.

2 Likes

I too have a ridiculous amount of tablecloths, silver pieces, multiple sets of dishes (yes, even Christmas and Halloween as of 2 years ago). I love entertaining (passed down from mother/grandmother/aunts) and decorating to a theme, almost all are thrifted and gifted, and the estate sale after I’m gone will be someone’s jackpot.

3 Likes

Vintage tablecloths and linens are delightful! Although I’ve started to let go of most of mine… I keep using the same small subset, so it makes no sense to hang onto them if they’re just squirreled away in a closet.

I did come across this one peculiar old linen tablecloth last year, though; can’t decide what to do with it. It commemorates the May 1937 coronation of King Edward VIII (better known to history as the Duke of Windsor) … except that he abdicated in December 1936 and never did get crowned! I found a reference to a similar one here, so it was surely embroidered from a common template.

4 Likes

Wonderful collection! I especially love the one I circled in the bottom photo.

And I’m thinking the other I marked is the one that we had a whole hilariously ridiculous thread about what the designs are depicting?

4 Likes

Aside from the mystery turquoise bracelet I posted a few days back (jury is still out on that one!), I have only two Navajo/NA bracelets so far. Both of them are silver storyteller cuffs, found online.

The first is a very wide cuff signed by E. Richards (still not sure if it’s Eloise or Elouise - I’ve seen both - not to mention Elaine and Eleanor to boot!):

And the other is a much narrower cuff signed by Harold Becenti:

Admittedly I’m at the beginning of my collecting journey, but I love them both like anything! And I couldn’t leave the wide cuff behind, kept going back to look at it. The seller thought it was Japanese; I think because of the woman’s dress and a mountain that vaguely resembles Mount Fuji? But there is a butte on there, too :wink:

8 Likes

I love both of these! I still want to get a cuff with horses on it. The woman is dressed traditional Navajo style, hair and concha belt. So cool.

5 Likes

I am more of an opportunist than a collector. I don’t have enough money for collecting. But I do love Native American jewelry. I haven’t had the opportunity to buy any in a very long time. This type of jewelry has gone way up in price in the past few years.(BTW) I only purchase items from estate sales. Oddly enough, just this weekend I found a few pieces within my price range. My first story teller bracelet. Floyd and Loyd Becenti. The fit is tight, but I can’t complain. I also bought the ring at the same sale.

15 Likes

@chris , they are both gorgeous pieces! I love that our cuffs are Becenti cousins. And the silverwork on your ring is stunning, so intricately elegant. Great finds.

4 Likes

The woman is dressed traditional Navajo style, hair and concha belt.

So cool! That’s why it appealed to me so much. A woman, sitting in tranquil solitude, contemplating the vast landscape of her ancestors. There’s something so appealingly dreamy and absorbing about it. I haven’t seen another with this kind of theme. Once I identified the mark, I was all “yoink!”

And the other was available locally (to my surprise) on Poshmark. Horses ambling across the mesa. I like horses, too. And it’s an easier size than the other one, so I’m wearing it more often. The first fits well, too, but is so wide that I feel like Wonder Woman when I wear it. Not that that’s a bad thing!

3 Likes

Here’s a pic of the traditional hairstyle.

I almost bought a similar horse cuff at the Native Art Market near here one year, but it just didn’t fit quite right.

Yes, sometimes I go full Wonder Woman, and wear a larger cuff on each wrist!

5 Likes

Haven’t seen you for awhile, Chris! Love both your pieces, especially the cuff.

4 Likes

Thanks so much. :slightly_smiling_face: like I said, I haven’t been buying at all. I occasionally lurk around the forum just to look at everyone’s awesome pics!

4 Likes

Thank you for the photo of the traditional hairstyle as seen from the side. That makes it really clear and vivid!

Yes, if the cuff isn’t a good fit, there’s not much point. It has to be comfortable as well as beautiful.

I’d love to see the Wonder Woman look! Which larger cuffs do you wear together?

3 Likes

So I wore these 2 today.

Then sometimes 2 of these 3; 1 on each wrist. These 3 in particular have Wonder Woman bullet/laser deflecting powers :laughing: I don’t wear any of these usually with anything else on the same wrist, cause they are pretty heavy.

14 Likes

“Wonder Woman” NA cuffs really do add some power to the day! Beauties.

6 Likes

Thanks, and yes they do! Isn’t it funny how putting them on just feels good?

6 Likes

It’s true! It does feel good.

And all five of your bracelets are dazzling. Love the tufa cast one especially. Wowza.

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ve posted them all on here at one point. My favorite is the frog cuff which is sandcast (the one with 3 turquoise stones). I had seen it years ago at Ogg’s Hogan in Prescott, AZ, but didn’t have the money at the time to buy it. I went back about 3 years later and it was still there, so I knew I needed to get it.

4 Likes