Aurora, did you see them?

Thank you for sharing your latest pics. It seems like you had more red this time.

Yes. It was like a light maroon for a while. The photos are kind of bad, but I was so tired after work.

1 Like

I appreciate you taking the time to capture and share them with us.

2 Likes

Lovely pics, @fernwood! I really enjoy the sense of movement in them. It’s magical to watch them swirling and pulsating.

Last night (Saturday) was a dud locally, but supposedly tonight (Sunday) should be more promising. Also quieter, crowd-wise! Last night a solemn procession of dozens of people on bikes and e-bikes made their way in single file down to the coast area where we saw the lights Friday night. A flash mob on wheels, maybe! It was eerily charming.

P.S. Actually it was a bike rave. The coloured fairy lights on the bicycles were the closest we got to seeing the aurora that night :laughing:

5 Likes

Yes, that’s his belt and sword.

Beautiful pictures everyone! I’m so sorry I missed it.

5 Likes

Because Sunday and Monday nights were a bust, my husband and I consoled ourselves by watching a CBC Nature of Things documentary on the northern lights (44 minutes). It’s really good — and answered all my questions and then some.

3 Likes

I will definitely check it out. Thank you for sharing this with us.

1 Like

I did not see the aurora; I was told by what turned out to be erroneous news report that we could not see it this far southeast. I live on the NC/SC border. Here is a photo my next door neighbor took. Photo credit Jaimee W. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I would have missed quite a bit had it not been for the Aurora app. The local news said it would start about 11 PM. I started getting notifications around 9 PM.

1 Like

It sounds like there may be renewed activity this coming weekend (June 1-2). A second chance, maybe, for those who missed the Aurora earlier in May.

Which app did you use, @here4turquoise ? I’m using the My Aurora Forecast app and it seems pretty solid. Always open to recs though!

@chamekke I use this app as well. It has not failed me.

1 Like