Bear Claw Necklace from Casa Kakiki

Thanks Q, it had been for sale since early spring. It was on my watch list. I did not know the sellers could see who was watching their items. But the seller messaged me and offered it for several hundred dollars less, so I took it.

4 Likes

Thanks, I like them too. Some of the other Kakiki pieces have a lot of wide open, unused real estate.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Would absolutely love to window shop (lol) with ya @AC we can take @Islandmomma along on the adventure… Whew… cha-ching :raised_hands:

2 Likes

I’d love to go! Headed out to fertilize my money tree right now. Poor thing has been looking pretty puny! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

You should give everyone a cutting off of your money tree, just to save the genetics you understand. :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s a beautiful piece, it took me a minute to see the bear claws!

2 Likes

FYI: if you are talking about eBay, I don’t believe they know who is watching. I was informed that sellers have the ability to offer a discount to the ‘class’ of watchers. It is a limited time offer that is not available to the public but also is not sent to an individual so you need to jump on it asap, as you did.

2 Likes

That is what it said, that the offer had been sent to the people that were “watching” the Item, anyone of which could respond at any time. Honestly, not being terribly familiar with selling online, only buying, and being afflicted with the conspiracy theory gene, I assumed it was simply marketing, designed to create an urgency. I waited until the very last minute to accept the offer so it didn’t seem like anyone else was interested. Same scenario yesterday, Item was offered on Monday, I accepted Wednesday (yesterday) and am expecting delivery on Monday of the set by Ellen Quandelacy.
So maybe they can send an offer to the watchers but don’t know exactly who those watchers are, or how many? I will keep that in mind for next time, maybe I just got lucky this time. I think one of the reasons was because he had misspelled the name as Quandelacey and not many people had found it.

8 Likes

Wow, that is a stunning find!!!

1 Like

Oh MY GOODNESS!!! What a Beautiful Quandelacy set!! Wow

2 Likes

Thanks, I’m excited. These are the sellers pics. I’ve bought 4 things from them before and their pics are always slightly yellow leaning so I expect some very blue Sleeping Beauty when it arrives. And if it’s not, I’m Ok with that too.

8 Likes

What a gorgeous set! EBay gives you chances to send lower priced offers to “interested buyers”. The seller doesn’t know who unless someone buys.

1 Like

Thanks, I guess I should start trying to figure that out before I have to sell anything off!

1 Like

Beautiful, please post your own pics when you get it!

1 Like

I certainly will, I think it will really pop on a black background if it’s as blue as I’m expecting.

1 Like

A link to the post for the Ellen Quandelacy set

2 Likes

I have a bracelet that looks similar. It is marked TIGUA , no other stamps. It does look like the designer scratched M.V. or M, V. On the back of the turquoise setting. I was hoping one of you may be able to tell me where to get more information. Thank you in advance!

318013423153315Cdsa

Thanks everyone for the good information. I have been having a heck of a time finding out more about " Kakiki " other then the basics- El Paso, 1970’s- does anyone have more concrete info. about the artist ?
I Love the pieces ( don’t own one yet, but hope to some day ) and would love to know more about them.

1 Like

Putting a copy of this here.

3 Likes

That is interesting, must be a shop name. Kakiki House.

1 Like