Belt Buckle 1907 - Native American?

I’ve had Nubian, Pygmy, and Nigerian Dwarf goats. Especially loved the Pygmy and NIgerians, so amusing and full of personality. Nubians are sweet and clearly the model for JarJar Binks.

Before we leave this train of thought I must share an absolute favorite clip of Buttermilk the Nigerian Dwarf doing her thing. You’re welcome. :grinning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IuRzJRrRpQ

6 Likes

I had NO idea there were so many kinds of dwarf goats. But then I am a cat and horse person. That little goat is crazy cute!

3 Likes

once asked my favorite vet if he’d just had a goat in his office…oooops
nope,it was him-apparently,the scent is contagious

lmao

3 Likes

Just to clarify, my dwarf goats were just the Pygmy and Nigerian breeds. The Nubians are full sized, charming and silly but big.

One of my favorite breeds is also the weirdest looking of all of them, the La Manchas. People might get turned off by their looks but they are total dollbabies personality wise.

3 Likes

Now I’m going to Google them all. But I want Buttercup, oh my goodness!! When he does that little flip off another goat I laughed out loud.

We never had any usual pets, but my uncle always did. When I was little, he had a small monkey named Bonzo. Bonzo got loose and found some paint cans, and painted the neighbor’s car. Bonzo went to live at the zoo after that.

3 Likes

Is this that restaurant in Door County Wisconsin?

1 Like

No, this one is on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. So there’s another in WI?? Guess people like goats!

1 Like

That’s exactly what it is.

1 Like

Those goats are funny! My brother absolutely adores them and has about 20 of them at his house. He sits with them and hangs out with the animals each night. Here’s me with two of them he brought to my parents’ house. Diapers because they were orphans who were being kept inside until old enough to be with the older ones.

10 Likes

What an adorable picture!! I haven’t been around goats much; only a little bit at the local zoo in the farm animal section. I have a friend that has a miniature donkey which is pretty darn cute.

2 Likes

Adorable. How well do diapers stay on/work on goats?

3 Likes

@OrbitOrange actually pretty well. The goats do more damage if they chew on them but once they’re used to them, they will stay put.

2 Likes