Belt Buckle 1907 - Native American?

I have been thinking about this and it’s so similar to bracelets I’ve seen, I wondered if it’s Native American, and what it might be worth. Stamped Sterling Pat 1907. Yes, Pat! And it’s 2-1/2 x 3”. Is it just a nice old antique?

2 Likes

that center bar looks like part of a fork or spoon

https://www.google.com/search?q=sterling+pat.+1907&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj_hJLNxJ_7AhVKMVkFHR8CB2oQ_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1920&bih=1061&dpr=1

6 Likes

Pat stands for patent?

Totally looks like a piece of the fork!

2 Likes

Wow! Yeah, it does! Good eye :grin:

Yeah, so do you think it’s Native-made repurposed?

1 Like

No, there’s no reason to ascribe to NA.

That’s a patent date of commercially sold silverware.

5 Likes

That dot pat means that a patent has been applied for it is not a hallmark. Cool buckle but I agree with chickfarmer. I do not believe it is Native American.

5 Likes

It’s a cool buckle even though not Native.

It reminded me that I have a ring made from some sort of utensil by Oneida. I generally only wear Native American jewelry, but loved the design on this ring; it kinda had a Native design look. It says “Tudor plate Oneida Community.” Fun fact, bought it at a crazy market on Vancouver Island, BC, called Goats on Roof. There really were goats on it’s grass roof. Posting the ring just for fun.

6 Likes

source: https://silverpattern.com/i/silverplate-patterns/friendship-1932-by-tudor-plate-oneida-community

6 Likes

There ya go! That would be fun silverware to have.

2 Likes

Nice ring, but I want to see pictures of the goats! :grinning: :goat:

3 Likes

Here they are! Not my pic, not sure where mine are. It was a great little market.

5 Likes

Been quiet on here so adding more just for fun.

They told me they like turquoise :grin:

6 Likes

And my daughter-in-law wants to go to goat yoga! :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

How bout goat yoga on Goat on Roof!

This has definitely gone off the rails…

2 Likes

Tell you what, you WANT that billy goat on the roof and nowhere within striking distance! Foul tempered and smelly! :grin:

4 Likes

I totally agree! My Dad brought one home when I was a kid. (It was the mascot at some engineering convention he attended) That thing ate everything in sight. Ate his way off of even a chain and the final straw was the day my Mother actually had the car to take us for doctors checkups or something. Got us all rounded up and dressed and we walked outside and she saw the goat on the roof of the car. She marched back into the house and called my Dad and told him either the goat left immediately or she was leaving and he would get left with the goat and all three of us! No goats for ME! And they do stink.
I’ll stick with NA jewelry!

4 Likes

Haha, love these pictures!

3 Likes

So, hot goat yoga is out of the question. :rofl:

5 Likes

I used to have 2 Nigerian Pygmy Goats. They were full of personality and so lovable. They liked truck rides and would often accompany me on errands, once an elderly gentleman stopped me at the post office and asked me what kind of dogs were they :rofl:. They would follow me to the bus stop at the end of my driveway when I would wait for my boys and one of the goats got on the school bus -what a hoot! Lol

6 Likes