Block or not Ophelia Mosses piece

I’m looking at an Ophelia Moses necklace. The seller got it second hand so cannot tell me if it’s Block s turquoise. There is a suspicious pin prick in one far back cluster that looks like a failed block heat test (not pictured). The naja overlaps two of the blossoms and these stones appear to have some silver rub off (pictured). Is this wear pattern also potentially indicative of block? Or could actual stones produce this wear pattern? Ophelia is known to work in both block and stone

2 Likes

Ophelia Moses not listed in 5th edition

Ophelia Moses listed at

1 Like

IMHO, RUN! There is a lot out there in that price range to choose from.

4 Likes

comparing same picture from both sites, the color anomaly on the cabs above the naja is more pronounced. this could be due to a harder image compression setting for listing photos

Ono2

1 Like

I did find one of her rings for sale at Palms Trading in ABQ; it’s a pretty good store; I’ve shopped there, and it’s written up in my Trading Post Guidebook.

However, you’ll notice it’s not priced crazy high for a cluster ring, so maybe you will want to be careful if the squash you’re looking at has a high price, or if you can even be sure it’s one of hers.

I guess my thought is, don’t buy if you don’t trust the seller.

3 Likes