Blue Gem Cluster Cuff

I scored this beautiful Zuni cluster cuff with Blue Gem turquoise at an online auction this summer. Just showing it off!

13 Likes

I’m a fool for cluster rings and cluster cuffs. You must have a tiny wrist if you bought it for yourself - totally gorgeous!! Loving the mixed colors of the stones.

1 Like

@AC Boom! That’s gorgeous! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

No, it doesn’t fit me by a long shot but the price was such that I couldn’t turn it down. It was one of those where I was the only one that bid on it.

Thanks TAH, I thought it was too!

2 Likes

So I have a slightly smaller than 6"wrist; maybe if I diet I could squeeze it on! Lol

Seriously, maybe that’s why there weren’t any other bidders, because it’s so small. I remember getting an amazing deal on a cuff I bought at Ogg’s in Prescott years ago. I wondered why the price was so good, and he said he had it for a long time and suspected that it didn’t fit a lot of people. It was slightly tight on me, so in ABQ I had it enlarged a little bit when I had a loose stone fixed. It made me feel a little claustrophobic.

Gorgeous cuff!

3 Likes

So much amazing old stuff in the smaller sizes - great way to get a deal on some fine stones - I find I own a plethora of pinky rings as a result, lol. Hard to resist a really fine piece such as this one.

4 Likes

@Ziacat, It has an 1-1/8" gap so 6-3/8 total. The little tag has 1-1/8" written on the other side.

@Om2bliss, same, lots of rings that are way to small to fit my size 8 pinky finger.

4 Likes

Since we’re throwing numbers around, I’ll add it has 75 stones. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I know, right?! I’m thinking some of my rings may end up becoming pinky rings. Seems like a few of my knuckles have gotten a little larger through the years. I hate feeling like you can’t get a ring off; it makes me almost panic a little. And I have the problem with my fingers shrinking and swelling because I work in an ice rink.

4 Likes

Yes! Fabulous cluster bracelet and I love blue gem. Congrats on a great buy!

3 Likes

I think that might actually fit my arm—-just saying. :joy: That is one gorgeous cuff! I bought a giant Blue Gem this past year but I didn’t get that kind of bargain. Also the look is completely different.

4 Likes

That’s a really nice chunk of all blue, Blue Gem!

1 Like

Thanks but I also really like the different colors of yours that comes with age. Beautiful :star_struck:

1 Like

Ok, since we’re speaking of Blue Gem, which I love, I’ll share one of my favorite Blue Gem cuffs. It’s an oldie by Fred Peshlakai and just glows. This site has given me the impetus to pull some pieces out of the safe and appreciate them - fun to see and share everyone’s wonderful pieces!

11 Likes

Oooh…that’s my size…just saying😌

2 Likes

Wowowowowow. :star_struck: :star_struck: That is all.

2 Likes

That is beautiful! Fred Peshlakai no less. Currently reading:

3 Likes

More Blue Gem! This is from the Lowry family at the gift shop at “The Turquoise Museum” in Albuquerque. It’s been living in a basket in a curio cabinet. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I get why you have it in a safe, but personally I would keep it safely on my arm, just sayin’ :wink:

2 Likes

@AC Yes, it’s a great book! I purchased it shortly after it was published; should re-read it. Lucky you to have a beautiful Blue Gem cab. I haven’t been to the Turquoise museum for probably 20+ years. I did buy some cabs, but nothing this nice!

1 Like