Bugs! Bugs! And more Bugs! šŸ¦‹

@Islandmomma Yeah, thatā€™s one of Artā€™s pictures. He had them on some giant beads so it doesnā€™t really help the perspective. Hang on just a second!

My stamped beads are 11 mm in diameter and I added a Morgan silver dollar for scale!

I also have a spider that might give him a run for his money! Lol!

9 Likes

Yeah, I knew he was a giant! That fly is killer! Spiders not bad either, But I fell in love with that Fly. :fly::fly::fly:

3 Likes

I think I only have oneā€¦this little ant pin that was my grandmotherā€™s. Not sure of the age or where it came from, but wouldnā€™t be newer than 1960ā€™s and likely a good bit older. The turquoise in it is pretty nice looking. There was another pin in the box with this one, which was an early Fred Harvey horse (dog? Weā€™ve had that discussion here before on that common Harvey motif) that is definitely older and it is likely they were bought around the same time.

10 Likes

I found my Taxco bumblebee bracelet. I thought I stashed it somewhere by itself but it was in my room where I sell, still in the same lot which I purchased. I will try and sell everything else and keep thisā€¦which is why I bought the lot.

7 Likes

OMGā€¦that is so cool, the epitome of bug jewelry. Iā€™d keep it too. Some Taxco pieces are just fabulous.

2 Likes

Saw these online. Theyā€™re so realistic looking theyā€™re a bit scary!

3 Likes

No! Ewww! Ewww!! It would give me nightmares!

2 Likes

OMGā€¦I saw the picture before reading your post and thought it was real!#! Something from a horror flick, a spider crawling into her earšŸ«£

2 Likes

I have this little friend! Heā€™s marked UITA3. Heā€™s kinda homely, I call him Bugly!

7 Likes

@AC Oh this is charming! But for the 2 ā€œhornsā€, I might think it was a mosquito. Very cute.

1 Like

I thought they were twin .50 cal nose guns :thinking:

3 Likes

@chamekke @StevesTrail If he only had one horn (or a single .50 cal. nose gun) he would make a good mosquito! Donā€™t really know what he is, Iā€™ve always assumed he was a common housefly, basically same as the big Art Tafoya pendant!
Happy Easter morning everyone!

1 Like

As I was perusing the Garlandā€™s vintage selection on their website, I came across this squash which fits in this category and our squash thread. Now these here are some mighty fine bugs!

Yes, happy Easter!

4 Likes

The use of cowrie shells & ultimately bugs ~ I have to say thatā€™s one of the most unique/unusual squash blossom necklaces that Iā€™ve seen.

3 Likes