Can anyone identify if this is real or fake turquoise for me? And poasibly who made it?

Hello all, Id love if anyone can tell me about this ring, at the moment I only have one picture and would greatly appreciate someones knowledge on whether or not this is real turquoise. Thank you all very much.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’m not sure these are the “same” ring. The ring in the listing from nativeamericanjewelry.com has only 5 “horizontal” (actually slightly diagonal) lines to left and right of the turquoise. @Dave1990 ‘s ring has 8 and are placed more horizontally. They are very similar though!

3 Likes

I stand corrected :slight_smile:

It looks like the real deal but it would help to also post he backside of the ring. Are there any markings?

nah, you nailed it on my line counting ability late at night :rofl:

5 line version was in the top left corner of the image search results so I ran with it

1 Like

Thank you all for commenting and assisting me!
I am in no way a photographer but here arw the markings on the back aa clearly as I can get them.

I just posted a few pictures of the 2 markings for you. One, I cant make out and the other smaller one looks as though it could have been buffed out somewhat.

https://romaarellano.com/listing/577232709/mens-ring-size-13-sterling-silver

“Here we have a simple ring featuring a piece of polished bright blue turquoise, with some brown veins or matrix and cloud like hues here and there. This is a traditional style of Men’s ring. I believe it carries the hallmark of Running Bear, a company that employs Native American silversmiths. Since the ring is unsigned, we can’t say for certain that it is Native American. Carries a STERLING stamp.”

2 Likes

This is REAL turquoise, or as real as one can tell from a photo. The matrix indicates a possible Arizona mine. It may have been stabilized, but I see nothing to indicate that it is not a natural, undyed, stone. The seller is not well versed as they have the artist listed as “sterling” which means the metal is stamped as sterling silver. It is unlikely that anyone would set plastic in sterling silver, so I would estimate that this is the ‘real deal’ all around. Unfortunately, without a better picture of the back stamp, it is not possible to say who made it.