Can this be saved, so I can wear it?

I know that I saw two artists selling them at the Eiteljorg Indian market a couple weeks ago. You might check with Navajo Ira Custer. He was one that had one for sale.

1 Like

Thanks so much, I’ll take a look :smiley:

1 Like

You could maybe call some of the well-known shops out west and see if they have any or know where to get them. You could try Perry Null to start with. Or Garland’s in Sedona. Even if they don’t have them online maybe they would know how you could get a hold of something like that. I bought earrings made by Ira Custer at Ortega’s on the plaza in Santa Fe several years back. They had quite a few of his pieces; you could call them also. Good luck!

1 Like

Yup, totally agree, it would be an absolutely beautiful pendant with a nice antique chain or beads.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for all your great suggestions :grinning: I will check into them and see what I can find. I really appreciate it.

A quick search on eBay turned a few NA handmade sterling chains for about $150. Seems like a fair price to me when you consider the price of sterling wire & labor.

2 Likes

Thanks so much. That’s a great idea :grinning:

It’s such a great older pendant. Be sure to send a follow-up picture when you have it cleaned up!

1 Like

Thanks so much. I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. I was afraid to mess with it at first but I’ve been having bad luck with the post office for some time now and thankfully, it came out ok. I so appreciated all the advice I received. Thanks so much again :smiley:

7 Likes

Looks really nice! I have some other ideas for you if you never find a link chain. I have a similar style pendant from my mom and I often put it on one of these heishi necklaces. Two of them are the same length so I can actually slide it on both of them at once which looks really cool.

3 Likes

Thanks :grinning: I was looking at them on eBay a little while ago because my necklace is just way too thin. I found one similar to the one you suggested with some twisted links. Now I’m just waiting to hear back to see if I can purchase a shorter one. The heshi would work because the opening is small, I could hook it in to the thread. My other option is cleaning the one it came with and restringing it shorter, so it won’t bang on anything.

1 Like

Agreed! It’s fun to mix it up a bit?

3 Likes

It definitely is! And I often put my pendants on just a leather cord that I tie at whatever length I want. That way I can get them to be almost like a choker.

2 Likes

That’s more like what I’m looking for. A much shorter length. That long necklace may be why the one stone is cracked.

1 Like

It’s a beautiful statement piece!
I love it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks so much Stracci :smiley:

Hi,
Sorry for the late response. If it’s in it’s own bag/box, throw a small piece of chalk in with it. doesn’t even have to be a full stick. If you have a jewelry chest, or drawers, put full sticks in each drawer, even a couple. They will cover the whole drawer.

4 Likes