Could this piece be Lander Blue?

Trying to find out if this piece could be from the Lander Blue Collection

Welcome to Turquoise People. If you could please upload an image of the piece.

I’m in Iowa City again and couldn’t help myself from hitting the Artifacts store where I found this cute little turquoise pendant by Andrew Vandever. I was hoping it was Lander Blue but I will accept any suggestions because of its pretty spider web design.

3 Likes

@nanc9354 That’s a sweet little signed pendant. I really like that stone! Pretty positive it’s not Lander Blue but, perhaps a lovely variscite or Chinese cab.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Pretty pendant and stone. I also agree not Lander Blue, and I thought same as Patina, maybe Chinese or variscite (maybe even New Lander? But prob not). Always keep in mind Lander Blue is REALLY rare, and would be really expensive. I like the comment in the last paragraph of this link, “there seems to be more Lander Blue for sale than was ever mined.”

5 Likes

I agree. You should see all the Lander Blue for sale on EBay. :rofl::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Every time I come across the subject of Lander Blue, I remember the bit in The Name of the Rose where young Adso is impressed by a relic of the True Cross, until Brother William points out, “I have seen many other fragments of the cross, in other churches. If all were genuine, our Lord’s torment could not have been on a couple of planks nailed together, but on an entire forest.”

1 Like

That’s a perfect example. And so true! I don’t think I’ve ever seen the movie, but I’m pretty sure I have heard that quote.

Not sure if it was in the movie, but it definitely was in the original novel!

1 Like

Jason is the administrator of this site. We aren’t poking. Trying to figure out the truth about things.

2 Likes

Gotcha. I’ll take a deep breath and count to ten :grin:

3 Likes

I didn’t do anything to any of your posts.