Couple questions about this hallmark

I’ve searched the online hallmark sites, but have not been able to find this which appears to be OT. I’m also curious as to how it was stamped. The piece is a shadow box hollowform (learned the hollowform term from Chicfarmer, thank you!). It looks like it’s been stamped out from the inside, if that makes any sense.

I inherited a number of pieces from my parents, but this was one of the first I bought when I started collecting in the late 80s/early 90s. I got thinking about it because I saw an old post on here regarding the term pawn jewelry. This was definitely a piece of pawn that I bought at a store in Flagstaff that only sold pawn. I had the dead pawn ticket with it, but at the time had no idea what it meant. When I got home, I got kind of creeped out, because I thought it meant the owner was dead, and, like a dummy, I threw the ticket away.

Any thoughts on how this hallmark was stamped?

3 Likes

I think it was probably stamped before the two pieces of silver were soldered together. Cool cuff. I have a set that was constructed in a similar manner. I posted it on here a while back. Let me see if I can find it.

2 Likes

I wondered if that could be it. Makes sense, thanks!
Love those. Do they have a hallmark?

1 Like

ct

1 Like

Wow, I have looked at it even with a magnifying glass and always assumed it was an O But that definitely makes it show that it’s a C. Thank you! I’ll try looking up that hallmark.

Yes, Reyna Platero Secetaro is the artist.

1 Like

I guess what I meant to ask was, does the hallmark look like it’s been stamped from the inside?

1 Like

It is currently locked up, but I believe that it was stamped on the outside before the pieces were put together, in fact, before the Turquoise was added to the bottom section. Hope that helps.

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks, I remember the post, but not how the signature looked. I may be wrong cause it’s hard to tell from a picture, but the stamp on yours still looks indented, and on mine it looks as though it was pushed out. The artist of my cuff must have stamped the silver and then turned it in the opposite direction as yours. The hallmark is slightly raised on my cuff.

Still can’t find anything about the hallmark as CT (vs OT) either. Guess it will remain a mystery.

1 Like

Mine was stamped in from the bottom. I remembered as soon as I looked at the old post. Don’t give up hope on identifying the hallmark. I accidentally found one a couple days ago from a piece I’ve had at least three years.

1 Like