Damele spiderweb?

I bought this pendant yesterday for $33 in a vintage shop. Maybe Native made, maybe not.
The first pic shows accurate color.

Does it look like Damele variscite?
I was excited to find it.

9 Likes

Yes, it does! I woulda snapped it up, too!!

4 Likes

@Stracci Yes, it looks like variscite to me. Very nice pendant. I would’ve purchased that in a heartbeat. (Looks artisan made, imo.)

3 Likes

So I have a ring with a stone that looks a lot like the one in your pendant. I posted it on here a long time ago when I first joined the site. Someone showed a picture of Chalcosiderite which was a near match to mine. Here’s a link to that thread; there’s some interesting info in it.
This stone puzzles me

Love your stone - love the pendant!

2 Likes

@Jemez2 @Patina
Thanks for confirming! The shop didn’t know what it was, so I got lucky in that respect.

@Ziacat Your ring is gorgeous! I love the geometric vibe. Yes, it sure looks like the same material!

1 Like

It’s interesting, because the shop I bought mine from said it was turquoise, but as I learned more I kinda doubted that. So it was nice to learn more on here about the stone. Yours definitely looks like mine.

1 Like

After much research, I’m beginning to think it is New Lander.

1 Like

You know what, I wondered about that myself early on when I first started trying to figure out the stone in my ring.

When looking again I found this among a bunch of other articles Nevada New Lander Chalcosiderite Natural Loose Stone 15.0 ct SKU227552 – Turquoise Canyon

So my question is, is New Lander a type of Chalcosiderite? Because my stone (like yours) looks like a lot of New Lander I’ve seen, but also looks exactly like the pictures of Chalcosiderite that @markyboy57 posted.

Lol my voice texting changed Chalcosiderite to chocolate :laughing:

1 Like

@Stracci It does look more like New Lander variscite than Damele. Though, I have seen some Colina Verde variscite cabs that look similar to your stone, imo. Lots of variscite out there & lots of different names. I think I’ll stick with spiderweb variscite :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

@Patina @Ziacat
The more I looked at variscite, the more confused I was getting!
When I’m interested in something, I really dig into it. So I spent hours researching variscite.
Lots of names, mines in close proximity to each other, and similar characteristics.

2 Likes

Okay, gonna muddy the water some more. After reading this link from Garland’s The Turquoise Mineral Group - What's the difference between Turquoise, – Garland's
and these…

I’m thinking mine is New Lander Chalcosiderite, but guessing of course. Don’t know if yours is exactly the same or not. I googled what is the difference between New Lander chalcosiderite and New Lander Variscite, which helped a bit.

1 Like

3 Likes