Encyclopedia--Non-Turquoise Stones

That’s a favorite of mine too right after Opal!

3 Likes

I’ve got my unusual Bat Cave Jasper cuff

One of my favorite stones…crazy or wild horse…by Cathy Webster!…

Picture of landscape Jasper…
Azurite by G Ramone……
And many different stones by Nakai and David Rosales….

5 Likes

I like Bat Cave Jasper. So unique.

2 Likes

Some really nice stones especially the Bat Cave Jasper!

1 Like

This was my first purchase of a non-traditional stone in this cuff by Irv Monte-Amethyst.

7 Likes

This cuff I bought several years ago and was told it was older; probably 30’s or slightly later

. I only recently think I finally discovered what the stone is. I was reading about agates and came across plume agates that looked very similar. I believe that’s what it is.

3 Likes

That is lovely. I really like amethyst stone. Who is the Navajo jeweler who makes great amethyst pendants…very collectible…has a Q in his name. His name has slipped my mind.

Your other cuff has a really interesting stone. Looks like topography with rivers running through the stone. nice Silver work too.

2 Likes

I’m not sure about the maker of the amethyst pendants. The only “Q” name coming to mind is Quintana. Thanks :blush:

1 Like

Graveyard Point Plume agate. Eastern Oregon. From a claim a friend has.

6 Likes

Wow, @fernwood , that is just gorgeous!

2 Likes

Thanks. I have 6 large, 4" to 6" pieces of this waiting for me to cut into slabs. Some have a lot of potential.

2 Likes

This is a wampum and sterling bracelet by GB Grant, Cherokee, Eastern Band

Wampum, the Northern Quahog, a clam from the coast of New England.

7 Likes

What a beautiful cuff (and I see your book :grin:)!

4 Likes

Thank you @Ziacat. My husband bought it for me during a visit to Cherokee NC several years ago. It was purchased from Traditional Hands Studios.

4 Likes

@here4turquoise If I may, what’s the title of the book? I doesn’t look familiar to me.

2 Likes

It’s a book I’ve mentioned a lot on the forum. Here it is…

I have carried it with me all over the Four Corners area.

4 Likes

We visited a nice little Native American craft shop in Cherokee when we were visiting the Smoky Mountains. I bought a cuff there from a Cherokee artist. I wonder if it could have been the same store.

Edit: Nope, googled it, different store.

4 Likes

Here is the link to Traditional Hands.

I don’t wear it as much I do the Navajo pieces.

4 Likes

@AC I’m sorry to be late to the party. Thank you @Ziacat for providing the information. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks to all for sharing so many gorgeous stones! I will be someone to refer to this thread in the future as my knowledge is very limited.

I have a Nakai ring which I think has pink sugilite. If I’m wrong, do let me know!

3 Likes