Enjoying my earrings more - show me yours!

needs more coffee… & a bit more sugar per cup

2 Likes

Ok, this is the earring tray, and the combined ring an overflow earring tray…

There is a fair amount of Taxco/Mexico in both trays, primarily the top left of the earring tray, and some hoops and things on the ring tray.

13 Likes

I’ve reached the point of needing a third earring tray, things are way too jammed up, and i have non-southwest jewelry ferreted in other places too.

I wear a lot of earrings, and i like em big.

3 Likes

I love the tiny detail work in all the mini-squash blossoms. Well, everyone here has beautiful stuff!

Unfortunate that I’ve had to mostly stop wearing my heavier ones…one of my earlobes is a little stretched due to 25 years of phone to that ear in the office. :persevere: My gosh, I’m old. LOL

Always looking for nice light ones!

2 Likes

@theturquoisedog thank you!

1 Like

Nice collection … are those Oscars at the top? I love Oscar Betz!!!

1 Like

Which ones? I am not familiar with the artists, if I’m remembering correctly everything pictured is quality stamped & hallmarked.

That is only a fraction of the earring collection I inherited…plus, necklaces, cuffs, rings, pins, pendants, belts, plus misc pieces like button covers. I have to do something with the horde, too much to sell one at a time.

1 Like

You sound like me …I have inherited a huge variety of Navajo pieces. I have been researching each and every piece, cleaning them up and organizing per artist.

My common artist are - Danny Romero, D Livingston, Chimney Butte, Oscar Betz, Aaron Toadlena, NaNa Ping, Sunshine Reeves, Lee Bennett, Ronnie Willie We have tons of cuffs!!! There were a few Oscar Betz earrings… and I have come to love them all!! Such a good silversmith and artist. From you picture the turquoise & lapis (looks like) at the top of photo, those look like Oscar’s to me. Several of mine are made very similar. He signs Oscar Betz (Patisi). Thank you for sharing your pieces!!!

2 Likes

Oooh could you post your Na Na Ping pieces? I’d love to see them

1 Like

I have current pictures on this one only …unusual & bright!
IMG_4453
IMG_4454 (1)
IMG_4456
IMG_4455

5 Likes

Beautiful! I love his work. Thank you for sharing the photos.

1 Like

I got some new earrings to add to the collection! These are by Mario D…they are feather light and exactly what I was looking for.

9 Likes

I really really like that ring (even though this is an earring post).

1 Like

Love the rabbit earrings! I have a pair of rabbit Hopi ones too. I’ll post em eventually - when I’m done enjoying everyone else’s.

1 Like

K, that’s just freakin’ impressive. :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

1 Like

I love big earrings too! Here’s my go to earrings. They are lightweight but big. Kit Carson. I love your Hopi earrings & the pair in second photo about 5th row down all they way to the right. Beautiful turquoise!

6 Likes

thanks! those have tiny potsherds in them - somewhat controversial. :frowning: there’s another pair with potsherds - on the far left, red pottery with minty green stones.

i bought another earring tray for myself for xmas, hoping to spread them all out a bit and give them some breathing room. i’m overflowing and the 2nd tray will be nearly half filled right away. O_O i want to segregate them by all silver, tabs, non-native, and similarity - idk. i’ll have fun playing with layout while i figure that out!

2 Likes

Love Kit Carson pieces. I had a bunch of his pins - sold most of them but kept the bucking cowboy that looked like the Pendleton Round-Up cowboy logo. I think I still have a few pair of his earrings. His jewelry is so fun.

2 Likes

K, here are some of my favorite Native American earrings (minus the two from my mom I posted earlier).

9 Likes

@Ziacat I notice you have some inlay hoops in the lower right. I recently acquired a similar pair. Are yours signed? Mine are engraved M.C. Zuni

3 Likes