Enjoying my earrings more - show me yours!

They do look very similar. Mine do not have a hallmark, but they are Zuni. I still have the piece of cardboard they were displayed on (the piece the store has all the info printed on), and someone wrote the initials DBV on it.

The main difference I notice is mine does not have silver channels separating the stone inlay. I love yours also! I wear mine a lot.

@Jemez2 , I’m equally impressed with the box that you store all the earrings in! Where ever did you find that???

You can get display cases at a number of different suppliers:

https://www.jewelrysupply.com/jewelry-displays-and-packaging
https://www.firemountaingems.com/shop/jewelry_displays

Thanks! I just bought another one to house my overflow. :wink:

1 Like

@Jemez2 Thank you so much!

OK, here are some of my favorite earrings, finally got around to photographing them:

10 Likes

Love them all! I especially am drawn to the depression era style Thunderbird ones (they look old!). But I would prob wear the long skinny turquoise ones in the top middle the most; I love long thin earrings.

And I just noticed the detail on the square silver ones at the top right. Love them!

1 Like

This has me gaga. I don’t know which are my faves but at the top of the list have to be your AQ turq clusters at far left, the heishe set, those fabulous old round Zuni ones at top right, the Navajo shepherdesses with the sheep…I mean they’re insane as a collection, peerless I think. :star_struck::star_struck:

3 Likes

And because I found that the big toolbox didn’t quite hold all of the jewelry, I ordered an “art supply” box off of Zulilliy and it arrived today:
I figure I will put all of the “non NA” jewelry in there since they’re usually smaller. We’ll see how it goes. edit Oop, wrong thread, I’ll post in the other thread.

2 Likes

I’ll take the pair on the bottom row, three over. Oh, wait, these aren’t for sale? :frowning:

Fantastic collection! :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks! The depression birds are actually part of a set with a matching necklace. I was really drawn to the set with because you don’t see them come with earrings too often. They’re probably 1940’s or 1950’s. The long skinny ones are very easy to wear, and they’re by a contemporary Zuni artist named Rick Booqua. The pueblo scene ones on the top right are by Joseph D. Coriz, Santo Domingo. He’s one of my favorite contemporary artists and I have a few things by him.

2 Likes

Thank you for the compliments! Those AQ clusters were a splurge at the time but looking back I think I got a bit of a steal on them.

2 Likes

These are lovely, do you know how old they are? I love the Quams also, I have a Alice Quam cuff that I never wear but it’s one of the pieces that I like to take out and just look at, hold it.

2 Likes

Are the rabbits signed?

So interesting and beautiful; I might have to check out those artists.

I haven’t really seen earrings as a set with a necklace like that either. I have an old depression era thunderbird necklace prob similar age to yours. Funny story, didn’t even know we had it till after my mom died. She bought it for my sister on a trip in 69 to AZ. I didn’t even know about it (I was 4 and she’s 12 years older). My sister had stuffed it in a little deer skin bag which we found in a closet after Mom died. I told her it was probably worth a fair amount, and did she want it. She said no it’s ugly, you can have it. :tired_face:

Needless to say I’m the only one in my family outside of my mom and dad that has much of an interest in Native American jewelry.

1 Like

Yes, with this Hopi picto mark. It’s the one at the top - Alvin Taylor.

They are some of my favs. I bought them at Cameron Trading Post in AZ prob 20 years ago.

I really like your Hopi rabbits too. Are yours signed? I love Hopi stuff. It has such a sleek look.

1 Like

Yes :blush:

1 Like

Do you know who it is? Could it be this one, 4th one down? It kinda looks like Darth Vader on your earring back lol

1 Like

Yes I believe they could be Beauford / Bueford (???) Dawahoya

Ha! Yes it does look like Darth Vader!!!

1 Like

I love seeing everyone’s earrings. I have a few Turquoise ones. One of my holes closed when I was unable to wear earrings at work. Looking forward to getting that taken care of so I can wear earrings again.

1 Like