Greetings from Alberta

Thank you for allowing me to join this group.
I am a retired mixed media artist which includes doing Lapidary for a few years. I love Turquoise and Chrysocolla, my favourite colors. I look forward to learning more about the different Turquoise and meeting new people.

10 Likes

Welcome.
There are many knowledgeable people here.
Spend some time looking through the topics that interest you.

3 Likes

Welcome!! I agree with @fernwood, you can learn a lot here, and have some fun!

I love Alberta, and Canada! Whereabouts in Alberta? My husband and I spent about a week in the Banff/Jasper area, and years later part of a day in Waterton (such beautiful places), and I’ve spent a LOT of time throughout my life in Canada in general. We have another Canadian member, also; from BC I believe.

3 Likes

Hello, @owllady! You are most welcome!

This is a wonderful place to learn about turquoise and Native American jewellery. I’m fairly new myself – I’m from Vancouver Island, British Columbia. I’m sure you’ll have a great time here! waves from the other side of the Rockies

2 Likes

Hi there, nice to meet you.
I moved here from Victoria BC 2 yrs. ago. The cost of living is better here especially for seniors. The house we bought here would of been 1 million more in Victoria.

2 Likes

Hi there, nice to meet you.
Medicine Hat - the sunniest place in Canada. It also has many greenhouses that sell to the public at great prices.
For me, being a 40 yr. vegitarian, it is paradise. Banff is beautiful. Glad you enjoyed your time in Canada.

2 Likes

Greetings owl! Welcome. I was just in Quetico, canoeing and fishing with the hubby. So beautiful. I was wondering about your picture of the turquoise cuff. Is that yours? If so, can you post a bigger picture? What kind of turquoise is it…such a deep blue.

Hi there,
The main stone is an aprox. 70ct Chrysocolla I cut and polished myself
years ago. I intended to put up the photos to see what the Turquoise is in the side stones. I will do that later.

1 Like