Hello everyone 🥰 Please help me identify this beautiful ring. I think it's Old Pawn, Navajo with royston turquoise. But maybe I'm wrong

5 Likes

It looks like the images didn’t come through.

2 Likes

Omg! Sorry! Will tried to fix it rite now…

I have found you need to make sure the picture is loaded 100% (shows that at the bottom of the screen, on my phone anyway) to make sure they’re actually loaded.

1 Like

Also, the term “old pawn” gets thrown around a lot online. Here is an excellent thread about this topic, with a link to a good article.
Question: What exactly does “old Pawn” mean?

2 Likes

I’m not good at being able to tell how old something is, but it’s a lovely ring! To me it looks maybe more like Number 8 instead of Royston, but it’s always educated guessing.

5 Likes

Thanks, Ziacat! I think You are right about number 8, look very similar to pictures with number 8 turquoise samples :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Yes, first time I’l upload pictures all 5 together… think it is a rooth of problem :grinning:

Thank You :blush: for informative answer

1 Like

@Ziacat That was a good thread read about the word pawn & how its usage has morphed over the decades. Thanks for the link. (I personally don’t pay any attention to online usage of Dead Pawn, Old Pawn, New Pawn. Most of those items are what I consider vintage jewelry regardless of the sellers claims. As always, buyer beware.)

3 Likes

Agree on #8, beautiful stone with a super-tasteful setting.

@vita77 You’ll want to assure that the stone is stable, given those two cracks or crazes. Sometimes the stone just settles in and it’s not a concern. Congrats!

3 Likes

You are welcome! I’m not as familiar with Number 8, because I haven’t seen much of it in person, but I’ve seen it on this forum and online quite a bit. However, you have to be really careful online, because so many people on Etsy and eBay label Native American jewelry so randomly it seems. A good site to look at is Durango Silver Company, and reputable shops like Perry Null and Garlands for example.

BTW, your ring is totally my style; I would so wear it!

Hey @chicfarmer, I didn’t guess Kingman again :laughing:

1 Like

I know, right?! Hard to say pawn without that pawn ticket…

2 Likes

Your restraint was admirable! :laughing:

4 Likes

Thank You, chicfarmer - I bought this ring on eBay. Just absolutely love it and glad to know some information where it from. Thank You all🥰

1 Like

@vita77 , your ring has a sweet design and a truly beautiful stone, and it looks great on your hand. I think it was a lovely choice :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also agree that your lovely ring looks like #8. I recently acquired one and know the artist. He confirmed that it is #8. The two ring looks quite similar.

12 Likes

Thank You, chamekkeđź’–

2 Likes

Thank You, Islandmomma! Yes your ring look like cousin to my ring! So pretty both :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Here is my mine #8 ring by Tom Taylor.
Lots of reddish brown matrix
Both of your rings are so pretty with great spider webbing.

11 Likes