Hello from northern CO

My mother collected an extensive amount of Native American jewelry and art and I’m looking to learn more about the specific pieces and generally appreciate the craftsmanship.

12 Likes

Welcome to the forum! You will learn a lot here.

6 Likes

I was in the same position about 7 years ago! This is where I started my journey and I’m glad I did. I was trying to learn about the 60 pieces that were left to my late wife and I. I started, only wanted to find out some idea of what I had, with never a thought of ever purchasing more! Now I have over 400! My point being…be careful, you can get the turquoise bug! :crazy_face:
Excited to see some of your pieces!

10 Likes

400 is not a bug! It’s a full scale addiction! Which is alright with me :grin: :+1:

8 Likes

Hello, my name is Zia, and I have a turquoise problem…should that be our official introduction :laughing:

I started on this journey because of a buckle left to me by my dad. Like @AC I also gradually accrued a lot, and joined this site to learn more about my collection. I had been fortunate through the years to learn much from gracious shop owners in the Four Corners, but I didn’t always know what to ask.

BTW love CO; my nephew is in Grand Junction, so beautiful.

10 Likes

Thank you for the note! Yes, I’m already suspecting I’ll find too many shiny objects that will find their way to my collection… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Sending a warm welcome from Wisconsin.
There are many knowledgeable people in this forum to help with questions.

I lived in AZ for a few years in the 1980’s and became addicted to the beautiful Turquoise jewelry I saw there. Have been making and collecting ever since.

5 Likes

@fernwood We have friends who live in Sheboygan!

3 Likes

I lived in Sheboygan Falls for many years.

4 Likes

Hubby was from Sheboygan.

Ya hey
Aina hey
Sheboygan bratwurst days!

5 Likes

Welcome @CO. Folks here are knowledgeable and helpful. We look forward to to seeing your mother’s extensive jewelry collection.

7 Likes

Hello! I’m still pretty new here and can attest to how kind and welcoming this group is. It’s a pretty special bunch of folks.

Looking forward to seeing your pieces and learning more together!

3 Likes

but you managed to escape :+1:

lmao

2 Likes