Help ID this turquoise, Indian Mountain? Gem grade?

5 Likes

which side looks closest on your screen?

2 Likes

I don’t know. Hopefully Jason will respond! I’m still leaning Chinese. Whatever, it’s absolutely beautiful! I think you’ve posted some really gorgeous things on here before.

3 Likes

With another quick google, I’m not noticing that he has used rarer stones.

On a side note, I’m irritated that some of his items are listed as “old pawn.” What I read is that he started making jewelry around 1974, so I don’t believe any of his stuff could be considered true old pawn. And once again no pawn tickets… Sorry, that really had nothing to do with this thread. It’s just one of my pet peeves.

4 Likes

@Ziacat I hear ya. I see soooo many online listings for turquoise jewelry being described definitively as rare or Navajo or pawn. I try my best to do my homework before a purchase. I’m a firm believer in Caveat Emptor! (Buyer Beware).

3 Likes

Good luck with surgery. Hope it is 100% successful without complications. So many of your pieces are just gorgeous!

1 Like

Many prayers and positive thoughts and energy your way Michelle. Get better soon, your passion knowledge and contributions here are always appreciated. With much love Mark and Beth

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

Thank you both I really appreciate it!

@Islandmomma I wish you comfort in the meantime, a super-smooth surgery on Tuesday, and a speedy and easeful recovery afterwards :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Beautiful pieces @Islandmomma
And best wishes with your upcoming surgery!
My mother had a similar procedure 5 years ago, and she bounced right back. She is doing great at 86.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your support. I appreciate it.:heart:

1 Like

Thank you and it’s great to hear about your Mom! Very encouraging! :heart:

1 Like

I forget the guys name, but he was supposedly the first guy to bring back Chinese turuqoise to the Southwest in the early 80s. I know that Michael Schmaltz made a trip with him and also brought back some amazing stones. It didn’t get ramped up until the mid to late 80s and by the 90s it seemed to be what every turquoise dealer was bringing into the shop for sale.

4 Likes

Thanks Jason. I always wondered and couldn’t quite find it online. So what do these stones look like to you?

1 Like

I hope everything goes well during the surgery hun and that’s wonderful news on the type of tumor it is. Praying for a quick recovery :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

And how are you Cyaniderose? I just was thinking the other day I hadn’t seen you on here for a while.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I appreciate your kind thoughts and best wishes. :blush:

1 Like

Hi Ziacat :grinning: It’s been a bit of a rough road but hopefully next year is better. You may see me a lot in the next couple because I have to have ankle surgery and no driving for 60 days. That may sting worse than the surgery lol. I have been running around like crazy trying to grow my businesses, so no driving will be agony. My husband said just call an Uber but that’s not the same at all :laughing:

4 Likes

@CyanideRose18 So sorry to hear that you need ankle surgery. And, no driving - ugh. I hope your surgery goes well & you have a quick recovery.

2 Likes