Help Identify Maker’s Mark

Can anyone help identify this maker and the type of turquoise please? Thank you ever so much :grinning:

2 Likes

Lucian Koinva - Hopi Indian

If you ever again need to identify a hallmark the attached link will identify the maker for you.

1 Like

LH

1 Like

Hi Steve,
You think this is the mark even though it looks a bit different? Thank you!

Hi there! Thank you so much for your input and for the link! I actually have this exact link but didn’t think that the stamp was the same as Koinva?

LH vs LK no match

the stamp above the LH is identified as a rattlesnake jaw

2 Likes

Thanks @Steve So it is NA but by an unidentifiable maker? Would that be the best way to describe it?

the art-amerindian hallmark site is not the only place to research a signature and is by no means complete.

this thread will give you a few more sources available.

https://forum.turquoisepeople.com/t/books-on-southwest-indian-jewelry/3871

2 Likes

Thank you @Steve, I’ll check out the link you’ve sent! What type of turquoise is it? My sincere thanks.

I will defer that part to others here with way more experience but I will make 1 suggestion.

take some more photos outside in ambient daylight, not direct sunlight.

1 Like

Will do. And will follow up here with better photo for turquoise id. Have a beautiful weekend. :slight_smile:

This is all about that LH Hallmark it is Leo Harvey Navajo Hallmark "LH" - need help for identifying silversmith - #7 by Bob1953

1 Like

Funny this post should come back to life today. I saw this beautiful pin/pendant made by Leo Harvey at auction over the weekend. I so wanted to make it mine but was out bid. Beautiful and substantial at 4 inches.

3 Likes

Hi @AC! You found a match with the Rattlesnake Jaw above his initials? I had someone else tell me it’s Leo Harvey but my mark doesn’t look like the one shown in the thread. Can you elaborate? Thank you ever so much!!:blush:

Hi all! I’m following up here with better pictures of the Turquoise. Any help with the type is much appreciated :blush:

3 Likes

I am a bit rusty, but the bright blue and red matrix along with the cut of the stone might indicate either sleeping beauty (with a red/brown shoe polish to enhance the matrix) or kingman. The green stone was most likely blue at some point.

2 Likes