Help identifying artist and find appraiser

Hello everyone!
I’m new to the turquoise world and have much to learn. I’d like to start with some pieces that were passed to me by my Great Aunt.

Can anyone help me identify the artist? I have several pieces and a complete set from the same person.

Thank you!!

11 Likes

Welcome to Turquoise People! You will learn a lot here if you spend time reading through the topics.

It’s a lovely necklace. I had no luck with the hallmark, but single initial hallmarks can be hard to figure out. Hopefully someone with more resources will have better luck. Do you know when and where your aunt bought them? Very pretty turquoise, but I don’t really have a guess which mine it could be from.

3 Likes

I suggest researching past auction results and on-line sold items.

2 Likes

This piece on eBay is rather similar in many respects. (The seller says theirs is signed, but squint as I might, I can’t make out any marks on the back of it.)

3 Likes

Is that a single initial? My initial glance made me think a connected JP. Don’t have my books with me.

2 Likes

I think you’re probably correct. One of these perhaps (the 2 without other marks)? And I think Jane Popovitch is not Navajo; the site has that wrong? But maybe I’m getting that all mixed up with something else I read on this site…

I think you’re on to something about a conjoined “JP” hallmark @Islandmomma on the OP’s necklace. I can definitely see that now. Hougart’s 3rd edition NA/SW hallmarks book has a few “JP” hallmarks but, they’re not an identical match to this one.

2 Likes

have not found anything out on the web with that mark.
find it interesting no mark for sterling…have it tested
turquoise to me looks 2B chinese origin

can you post up some pictures of the other items you have with same mark

2 Likes

Here is a link to a ring that was attributed to Jane Popovitch. It only has the P on it.

1 Like