Help with type of turquoise?

I bought this from a sale of estate jewelry out of Corpus Cristi, Tx. It is size 12, lost cast wax, 24 grams total weight. Tested 14k no stamps.

Lots of webbing and there is no signature identified, just a series of etched Markings like cuts. I would love to know more. Please any help would be appreciated.
It is a beautiful ring. 20190731_122353|387x500

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum. That is one nice looking ring.

1 Like

WoW.

Your photo color was a little washed out from the direct sunlight so I tried to bring it back with an auto levels adjustment in photoshop.

research Lander Blue Turquoise for a possible match until the big guns here check in.

2 Likes

curious as to an approximation of purchase price. Wow.

1 Like

Not likely to be Lander. I would guess Lone Mountain or high grade kingsman.
Edited to add Paiute Turquoise as well. Strong contender.

BTW - I love it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

a few more pieces to the puzzle.

johnhartmanminibio

2 Likes

Can we get a picture in natural light?

1 Like

I sent a message to see if John Hartman created my ring. Hopefully I will get a reply.

on 8/3 at 6:09 pm I sent an email to his son Dillon@ asking the same thing. made sure no links or attachments in message hoping to get past any spam filters but no response up to this point. might take a phone call if the line is still working. I think I read they closed down the brick and mortar and went strictly online.

1 Like

@Steve thank you! I have been unable to reply to my post until I received permission finally :slight_smile: I sent message to them (durango silver) through messenger. I will give a call next week if I do not hear from them. I did have an appraiser tell me that it was lander blue, I won’t get too excited yet, from one person view if it is. I just know it is an exceptional stone and ring.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

I think you have an exceptional ring and I hope that it turns out to be Lander. Regardless of what an authority says, wear it with pride.
I read fairly recently that Durango was no longer doing appraisals unless you want to sell to them. That may be part of the lack of response.

1 Like

@Islandmomma I just want to know if John Hartman made the ring. I have had ring appraised. I’m trying to verify maker. Thank you for kind words and vote of confidence!

1 Like

I understood that but thought that they might not be replying because of the appraisal statement. I hope you hear back soon.

1 Like

@Islandmomma I’ll let you know if I get a confirmation. The only other possibility is Charles Loloma. There are actual markings in the ring almost etched that could be his piece. I also have an email and request for that maker as well. I’ll update!!

1 Like

@Islandmomma I apologize for saying only other… the maker could very well be neither of two above mentioned.

What an incredible ring! I bet you’re right that it is one of Hartman’s. He responded to a question of mine a few years ago about some Bisbee turquoise fairly quickly. Maybe send a snail mail too?