I’d love to see more Spiderweb turquoise

OMG @chicfarmer, fabulous turquoise, especially the raised cab in the middle! I love the bracelet. That is some of the darkest Lone Mountain I’ve seen, just plain yummy! And looks like a great setting! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pieces!

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I should take an indoor pic of the bracelet to dramatize how dark those stones really read. And very much on the matte side in their polish.

1 Like

Oh my, your bracelet is soooo beautiful :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

@TaraFawn75 Thank you kindly. It was a fairly early buy, well before I had an expansive knowledge base, but the look was so unusual it just had to come home. :yum:

I’ll share another piece once the lighting permits.

3 Likes

Tara, is this possibly #8? Can only imagine how striking it is in person.

2 Likes

I’m in love with that bracelet. I wish I had stumbled into stuff that fabulous when I was new to collecting.

3 Likes

OO, thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:This was a piece from my very first dealer-mentor in NA jewelry, a woman who was a regular at a great area antiques show. We had lots of chats that were invaluable in pointing me in good directions.

2 Likes

I’ve shared these on the forum before but I’ll share them again here as they fit the category:

Number 8 ring:

And Aaron Anderson tufa cast cuff with Godber-Burnham turquoise:

And here are two cabs I have:

Apache Blue on the left and Number 8 on the right. Sorry, not the greatest indoor lighting. The goal is to have something made with these eventually.

And lastly, here is a ring that I’ve been kicking myself for not buying ever since the moment it got away:

15 Likes

@OrbitOrange I’ve said it before, but that Aaron Anderson cuff is ridiculously nice.

5 Likes

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL stuff, thank you all for sharing. Now I want to go shop…since I generally don’t buy jewelry online (just me - I want to hold it and try it on), and won’t get out west for awhile, I’ll have to get myself to the Eiteljorg in Indy soon!

4 Likes

I posted this bracelet back in 2017. I think it deserves a repost

16 Likes

Definitely! Even though I went back through a LOT of old posts before I joined the forum, I don’t remember this cuff. Gorgeous. Do you have any idea on the turquoise?

1 Like

I was wondering that as well!

1 Like

@OrbitOrange yeah, I would have kicked myself good for passing up that ring! Your ring and bracelet are killer pieces! Interesting about the variety of Godbur-Burnham-Dry Creek turquoise. I have a light blue Dry Creek piece which I love, then acouple Burnham rings that have the deep blue turquoise with black mottling. I bought some Godbur cabs in Austin NV that are greenish with minimal, if any matrix. And I’ve seen deep blue Godbur-Burnham spiderweb. Are different areas of the mine called different names or is turquoise labeled differently depending on the color, etc?
This is a Burnham ring I purchased 25+ years ago:

This little Burnham ring I purchases 2 hrs ago at the Heard Show:

11 Likes

@Currada I am rarely jealous, but l can feel myself turning green with envy! That is such a great spiderweb bracelet! It would be great to know the turquoise, but regardless it’s a special piece!

2 Likes

I passed on a bracelet today-the patina was just…wrong somehow. like it had been dribbled on? metal work was nothing special either.
but the stone,say 1 1/2 X 2in, could have been a littermate to currada’s.

1 Like

Another special one. This is dark Number 8, a type rarely seen. Five large stones, clearly the “story” in this cast bracelet (sorry for the light bounce).

18 Likes

Wow, that is some of the prettiest and most different looking #8 I have ever seen. Killer!

2 Likes

Well, I didn’t exactly pass it up as much as not jump on it quick enough. It sold in a flash. I love your Godberg rings, especially to top one! It is interesting the variety a mine can produce. I’ve never quite understood the relationship between Godber-Burnham and Dry Creek. As far as I can tell they are very close to each other and can sometimes have a similar look, but I am not completely sure that they are not different names for the same mine, or that Dry Creek isn’t a specific area/look of the Godber mine.

2 Likes

swoooon it’s like stars in the night sky, or a nebula - i could stare at that for days. absolutely gorgeous.

5 Likes