I’d love to see more Spiderweb turquoise

@chicfarmer Yes! So great to see the fabulous old stuff! I’ve seen some pieces that I thought could be old #8, but without provenance, one never knows! This was the kind of stuff I was hoping to see on this Spiderweb turquoise discussion; so many fabulous pieces! Love it!

3 Likes

@Bmpdvm @OrbitOrange @Jemez2 Thanks, folks. Isn’t turquoise amazing when it has “zat.” :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

saw a piece of “waterweb” today. nice size & color,set in a too-modern-for-my-taste bracelet,which(luckily)too big as well.

several nice pieces in one cabinet,actually. prices were probably not bad for the area but too high for what I’m used to. did smile at nugget necklace cuz it was nearly ten times what I gave for mine…which is easily triple the stone sizes & 50% longer.

1 Like

@chicfarmer By the way, any hallmarks or idea of the age of this bracelet; looks like a wonderful heavy setting!

2 Likes

@Bmpdvm It’s by Fred Thompson, I think 1970s. Yes, a beefy cast piece but still very elegant. Belongs to the gent in the household. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ooh I like this, I have some earrings that would sort of match

9 Likes

@chicfarmer yep, I was thinking it was Fred Thompson…I have a nice heavy piece by him with spiderweb, but not as spectacular as yours. Fortunately mine is just my size! Mine is quite heavy and stylistically they are similar. I’m assuming is is also from the 70’s. Any thoughts about the turquoise; he always used high quality turquoise…

8 Likes

It’s a wow, that’s for sure. Close relative to ours, and I’d agree, same era. I love the look!

About the stones, if you can snap a pic in natural lighting it would help in seeing the coloration and webbing more clearly, though I can see it’s very webbed. You’re so right, he did work with top-quality stones.

2 Likes

When I when I was glancing back through everybody’s earrings in the earring post, I was thinking how beautiful those earrings are.

1 Like

@chicfarmer Yeah it’s pretty dark…Will do tomorrow.

1 Like

@chicfarmer and @Bmpdvm, such beautiful cuffs. Funny, when I saw the name Fred Thompson I immediately thought of the former Senator (can’t remember which state - TN maybe?) Who also acted; loved him in Hunt For Red October. Wrong person!

Thanks @Bmpdvm for starting this thread.

2 Likes

OMGosh I love that cuff. There is a lot of beautiful turquoise out there, but the design of your cuff is so amazing. I think I might wear it 24/7!

2 Likes

@Ziacat Lol…I. Loved Hunt for Red October but all I can remember is Sean Connery! It’s been a fun topic… I’ve been in a spiderweb turquoise phase for several years! Hope to see more! Love this forum…I hadn’t thought about that Fred Thompson piece for a while, but plan to wear it more now😄

2 Likes

I have this one. It was given to me, and I have no idea where the stone was mined.
Any ideas?

6 Likes

It’s very pretty. I have no idea but when in doubt say Kingman lol

2 Likes

Here’s another old one I have.

12 Likes

@chicfarmer OK, additional pictures in better, natural light…so much better:

And close up of the turquoise: I’m thinking possibly Loan Mountain???

12 Likes

@Xtina yep, that’s an oldie! But, what a wonderful old piece of spiderweb. Do you think it’s natural?

2 Likes

@Bmpdvm Fantastic. :heart_eyes: Let’s loop in @Jason for opinion. I know what my pieces are because of absolutely solid dealer info, and although I’m pretty good on identifying, I won’t put myself forward as the last word. Whatever the mine source, it will be gem grade.

I had to chuckle at “Loan Mountain”–the joke writes itself. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@chicfarmer Oh Boy…that was a slip! You are totally correct about that term for this turquoise. However, no excuses, I’m not only a horrible speller, but a terrible typist🥴

2 Likes