I just acquired this beauty, Any thoughts on the actual price of this Old Lander Blue ring?

1 Like

How much did you pay?

ETA: The real value here is in the stones.

2 Likes

I paid around 250, found it on Ebay.

2 Likes

Each of the stones measures around 3/8"

1 Like

That’s a steal. Hard to judge from a photo, but it looks like you may have 35 or 40 carats there.

This actually looks like high grade Chinese to me.

2 Likes

I was about to say the same thing. Doesn’t look like “real” Lander to me, and not in that type of setting.

2 Likes

Must be a very large ring. 3/8” would be a ~ 10 - 12 carat stone X 7 stones, you’re up in the neighborhood of 60+ carats. Real high grade Landers is astronomically expensive. Hundreds per carat. One stone would be potentially multiples of the price you paid for the entire ring.

4 Likes

I just posted more pictures, some are for comparison with a bolo from Mcgee’s Scottsdale Post

1 Like

Really pretty material. Wherever they’re from, I’d pop those stones out of the settings and build something really magnificent around them.

4 Likes

I would think someone on eBay who has actual legit documentation of something with Lander Blue turquoise would sell it for a whole lot more than 250.00. I paid a lot more than that for a ring with a large natural Ithaca Peak stone (it was handmade and I bought it from the artist). But whatever they are, they are beautiful stones.

3 Likes

You’re selling it on eBay right now as Lander Blue…for $5k. Thoughts about adjusting the listing?

4 Likes

The seller on Ebay had no idea, she claimed they were Bisbee turquoise. She had blurry pictures so I took a chance and bought it.

1 Like

I’m about to, any idea on what the price should be? Thanks!

1 Like

For the record, and thank you for posting the ruler for scale, it looks like the stones are more in the neighborhood of 3/16” - 1/4”, so 3 to 4 (maybe 5) carats each.

Why do you think it’s Lander’s?

1 Like

I would think without written verified provenance of it being Lander Blue, that selling it as such would be not appropriate.

5 Likes

I’m planning on contacting Bob Brucia of Nevada Gem to have him see it.

A well-known Ebay seller made a comment regarding the ring. “I placed the first bid on it. Didn’t think the seller would sell the ring considering it had bids on it but thanks to you I was able to snatch up the other lander blue ring she had listed. I’m surprised you went after this one first. Still a beauty. Congrats and again thanks, would’ve never secured the other ring if it wasn’t for you.Your ring is going to sell very very soon. If I had the funds I would’ve offered you near asking price. Fun fact: There are a few hundreds sellers who have a Lander blue turquoise listing on eBay right now. Do you know how many of those listings are actually Old lander Blue? Believe or not , just 1. Your ring is the only listing on eBay right now that is real old Lander blue turquoise. The rest are misrepresentations. There is a nice necklace listed for $49k with Lander description but those stones are actually high grade Kingman. Super rare but not Old lander blue. You can easily see the difference between the two if you own a Lander stone. I wouldn’t be surprised if your ring sells this weekend.”

That’s a very nice email, and it’s a beautiful ring, however I think you’re on the right track in obtaining expert authentication before making representations to the public with regard to the origin of the stones.

5 Likes

Will do, I appreciate your input. Thanks!

2 Likes

If you can obtain a verified Lander Blue stone from Bob, I would be willing to use my XRF and perform a non-destructive elemental analysis of the matrix and turquoise in each stone.

6 Likes