I ❤️ the different colors in this cuff

Hi all, I found this one yesterday while out shopping for $75. I have been looking for a cuff with all different colors that wasn’t huge and I finally found this one. It’s got a nice weight at about 40 grams. Just wanted to share. Not sure of age, I didn’t find much on the artist.

13 Likes

According to the Spirit of Santa Fe: Bernese Chavez, Navajo Silver from To’hajille N. M. west of Albuquerque. Born in the Red Running Water and Salt clans. She learned silversmithing from her sister.

9 Likes

@CyanideRose18
This is so gorgeous! I love the semi precious gems!
And a great price, too!

@StevesTrail I drive by the To’Hajiilee exit occasionally! The Navajo spelling on the sign is amazing to see.
It’s a real hot spot for Native jewelers. The Cañoncito Band of Navajo live there.

3 Likes

So glad the cuff found you! Always fun to finally find that special piece we’ve been hunting for. It’s very pretty & I like all the different color stones - it’d be an everyday wear for me. IMO, that was an excellent price.

5 Likes

Thanks so much Steve :grinning: I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Thanks so much Stracci :smile: I collect gemstones and it’s cool to see so many on a piece of jewelry that isn’t so big.

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch Patina :grin: me too. It was great to get out and touch some nice pieces. That doesn’t happen much here. It was a great time.

3 Likes

I really like this piece. What a great find. I love Scarab bracelets, which are not NA. But Scarabs often use different stones for each Scarab giving you a variety like this beautiful NA piece. OK, to be honest, I like the stones and style of your NA piece much more. Enjoy wearing it.

4 Likes

Omg it’s sooo gorgeous! Love the rainbow color stones, and what an unbelievable deal😍

2 Likes

Thanks so much hisweetpotato :thinking: You may be right because I adore scarabs and have quite a few of those bracelets. That may have been why I was drawn to this style of cuff. Good eye on that one :grin: :+1:

3 Likes

Pretty stones and great stamp work!

2 Likes

That is an exquisite cuff! What a beautiful rainbow of colours. Just gorgeous :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks so much nanc9354 :smile: I really love the stamp work and that it’s wider in the back. Looking at the front, you would think the back was thin too but making it wider, it feel more secure and adds a lil more substance to it.

4 Likes

Thanks so much chamekke :smiley: I was surprised they actually used a real piece of Australian Opal in the middle of the eleven stones. Opals are my fave and that just sealed the deal for me :grin:

2 Likes

Here is an Australian Lightning Ridge opal specimen I picked up last week @CyanideRose18 . It was collected in the 70s. Approx. 450 grams of opal.

2 Likes

Beautiful specimens Steve :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have kept some pieces in water from time to time. Australian opals are may fave. I love to purchase preowned gold and Opal jewelry when I can because the newer stones on the market just aren’t as nice to me or real for that matter.

I wet sand them down to remove the scratches and then polish them with cerium oxide. It’s amazing what’s hidden under all the scratches and you can get them for soooo cheap :grin:

1 Like

This ring was sooo scratched up when I got it. It was only $100, so not too bad for a project piece. Opal is so hard to photograph and it’s yucky out but you can see all the great colors.

7 Likes

What a great score on the opal ring!
And this multi gem bracelet is divine.
But really, all your stuff is just wonderful… :heart:

1 Like

You are correct @CyanideRose18 , opals are hard to photograph. Here is my LR blue &green black opal ring. A bargain when I purchased it, and my Bernese Mountain Dog that went to Westminster in 2000. I had a sculptor do a head and cast in 18k.

4 Likes

That’s a lovely opal ring and it looks so nice on your hand. Love all the flashes of color. I learned something new when you mentioned your method to remove scratches & clean opals. Thanks!

2 Likes