ID the maker on this squash blossom necklace?

My husband got me this beautiful squash blossom necklace with red mountain turquoise but we aren’t able to find who’s maker mark this is. Does anyone have an idea? We always love to know the history behind the jewelry

5 Likes

@Nhoffman12 Welcome! Your squash blossom necklace & earrings set is gorgeous. I checked Bille Hougart’s 3rd edition hallmarks book, but didn’t locate this hallmark. When I look at the hallmark with the arrow on top, I wonder if the image below it represents an antelope or bison track? I could be way off base about that, though. Hopefully, others here will have more helpful information.

5 Likes

Wowzza! Nice squash blossom, nicer hubby!!! I’m a real fan of nice spiderweb turquoise, so yours really stands out. I likely use the same hallmark references as @Patina, but will see if I can find any info for you. But congrats on you necklace and thanks for sharing on this forum!

4 Likes

I appreciate you looking for me!

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s a stunning piece and my husband really went above and beyond this time. He was so excited to give it to me lol

4 Likes

Welcome @Nhoffman12
Congratulations on an amazing gift!

3 Likes

It looks like that to me too, @Patina!

However, I was thinking it could also be a very stylized pair of initials. My eyes see JD, but you could possibly read it as CD, UD, VD or who knows what.

1 Like

I thought that too but haven’t been able to find anything close to this yet. I’m desperate to find out more lol