I'm starting the countdown

Still makes me chuckle that it’s presented by the corn council and soybean alliance :laughing: so Indiana

7 Likes

Glad you started this thread! Tell me, do the artists change much year to year? Like, what proportion changes, if you could estimate? Still pondering if we might go. I missed out on touring the fabulous Eiteljorg art galleries and intend to rectify that. (But did get to the state art museum and grounds, very impressive.)

1 Like

This event looks interesting too.

1 Like

So I saw a list of the artists for this year when I clicked on the site. Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to make a link to the internet (I’m so good with some things online, but others I can’t heads or tails of). It looks like there’s quite a few of the same names, and some I hadn’t seen before. Unfortunately Ira Custer’s name was not on it :weary:

I don’t think I could guesstimate the proportion of artists that changes. But it did seem like there were quite a few familiar names.

1 Like

Oh, that does look really interesting!! Unfortunately we are in an incredibly busy time at work right now, and that’s a Thursday, so I can’t go.

I just did a quick look and scrolled down to the list of artists. There’s well over a hundred. That is something I’ve noticed different from the past (pre-covid); there are more artists.

1 Like

I’ll go look too, thanks. Duh I should’ve thought to! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well, you think I would have been able to figure out how to link an actual article by now. :rofl:

1 Like

Here you go…

3 Likes

Oh thanks, it looks great. Some new names there I’m interested in seeing in person… :thinking: Sorry no Ira this time, Zia.

1 Like

Thank you. I bow to your ability…

But Mary Tafoya will be there, and the gentleman I bought the ring from last year, and a lot of other interesting artists. I’m having to be a bit more careful with my $ this year, but I’m saving up!

1 Like

@Ziacat
This looks like SO MUCH FUN!!!
I will live vicariously through you…you MUST take lots of photos to share with us!
PS…bring bucketloads of cash…

1 Like

Since we don’t live in Albuquerque we have to make do :laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

No problem, Zia. It’s super easy.

1. Go to the webpage you want to link.
  2. Highlight the webpage address in the address bar at the top, then right click and click “Copy”.
  3. Then return to the forum and right click and click “Paste” in the thread.

Regarding the Eiteljorg Indian Market, do dealers exhibit as well or just artists? In other words, is there any vintage jewelry for sale?

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll try that next time. I’ve been able to start a post with a link, just haven’t been able to insert it.

Many, many years ago they used to have some dealers come in from Gallup and bring crates of pawn. I’ve posted a number of pieces from them on here in the past (I actually have a few pawn tickets that say Toby Turpen’s) but they don’t do that anymore, during the market anyway. Now it’s just the artists. I have a feeling it may have been taking away from the artists income.

1 Like

You read my mind Tom, I was going to ask the same thing about vintage jewelry.

1 Like

You might keep an eye on their website. They used to do a big vintage jewelry event in November for Christmas shopping. But I don’t know if they do that anymore, because I usually can’t get down there in November.

Jeez….wished I knew about this museum earlier. I have visited Indianapolis a number of times…B1G ten football championship and then visited my son a few times when he lived there. I would have loved to see the museum. Almost tempted to make the trip in June.

1 Like

You should do it! It’s a lot of fun.

1 Like