I'm starting the countdown

I know, right?! The Navajo Blues musician that performed there was wearing a nice all silver squash. Looked so cool!

3 Likes

This is in the Eiteljorg’s art gallery. I could just sit and look at it for the longest time; I just wanted to step right into it. I miss the Grand Canyon.

5 Likes

@Ziacat
OMG, those look like Wilson Hurley!
(…running to look it up just now …)
Yes! Wilson Hurley, oil painter from Albuquerque!
His work is phenomenal.
They have his pieces in the Albuquerque Airport, and at Presbyterian Hospital.
I recently stood in front of his gigantic piece in the hospital, and it is mind-blowing! Thanks for posting these!

3 Likes

You are welcome. I couldn’t even get the whole thing in, only got part of the third panel. It used to be in the lobby hallway of the museum, but I think when they did some remodeling they moved it to this spot which has better lighting. The museum is a little gem; it has a wonderful collection of western art.

Yes, I remember the big paintings in the airport. We got stuck there a couple extra days in '21 when we were trying to fly out, because storms in Dallas messed everything up. One of the airport employees said instead of calling NM the Land of Enchantment, they call it the Land of Entrapment :rofl:

2 Likes

You were right that I would enjoy them on their own. I’ve been wearing them that way fairly often. I’ve also worn them with my other Navajo pearls and a couple of my mom’s things I inherited. I wore it with her Mary Lovato necklace that she got at The Eiteljorg Indian Art Market…

But what I’ve enjoyed it with the most is with is her little Duane Maktima quail pin/pendant that she also bought a different year at the art market.

Now I still need to try wearing it with a couple of my pendants on it.

6 Likes