Indian Silver and Knife Photography

Combining my two interests, here is a photo of my 1971 Case pocketknife, vintage sandcast buckle, firesteel, hacksaw striker, and Fred Harvey era thunderbird fob.

Thanks for looking! :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Buck 110, heavy sandcast buckle, and keychain all from the 70s,

5 Likes

Buck 105, my mother’s buckle and ring, late 60s-70s.

8 Likes

Buck 301, Kingman turquoise watchband, mid-70s.

Same knife, my father’s buckle, roadrunner hat pin, mid-70s.

6 Likes

Buck 309, 1920s concho buckle, 1970s naja keychain.

Buck 112, same buckle.

5 Likes

Randall Model 5, sandcast buckle, watchband, 1970s.

5 Likes

Buck 105 and 301, 1940s Zuni Knifewing bolo.

5 Likes

And one final shot of a Buck 112 overlooking Monument Valley.

12 Likes

Great prices, thanks for sharing them with us!

1 Like

Thank you! Can’t beat the last photo. God had a hand in that one. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I love your compositions!

3 Likes

Very nice collection…

1 Like

Nice collection and great pictures. My Dads most recent hobby had been knife making. I’m enjoying this almost as much as his gem faceting/jewelry making phase. He also quit wearing ties years ago and has accumulated quite a collection of bolos. A lot from me because he likes them so I keep looking for unusual ones for him! And in my “unbiased” opinion he’s as handsome as these other fellows❣️❣️❣️

3 Likes

Thanks! Your father seems like a cool guy. Feel free to post photos of his knives and bolos. I would love to see them! :slightly_smiling_face:

TAH, I can’t get your nice look and feel, but here you go anyway…my knife that lives in my pocket every day:
A 1974 Schrade LB7, given to my sister by one of her boyfriends in about 1977. I took it as a memento when she passed away several years ago.

Also a couple of small adorned boxes, a couple of Zuni things, a sand cast, a ketoh and I don’t know exactly which kind of bird this represents. Still working on figuring out what I have.

8 Likes

Great looking knife, AC. IMO, Schrade was the best Buck 110 interpretation. I like what they did with the front bolster. Some beautiful pieces of Indian silver there. Really like the ketoh! Does it have a story or do you have any information on it? The bird is a peyote.

2 Likes

Thanks TAH, I must admit to razzing my sister a bit about her knife not being a buck when she was so proud of it, she was 17 & I was 14. I would say the near 40 years that has elapsed speaks well for both brands though. As far as the ketoh and all the pieces, I know who collected them and between what years and even have the original receipts for some of them but don’t know of any back story to any of the pieces, only what I’ve been able to piece together myself by looking up the signed pieces, and from other people so thanks for the peyote bird ID. I have a necklace labeled as peyote birds but they have a much more swept back wing so I wasn’t sure.

1 Like

Be proud of that knife, AC. Its history and belonging to your late sister makes it better than any Buck out there. And don’t ever polish those bolsters. You have some nice aged patina on the brass. Looks great!

As for the bird, I think there are many interpretations of it as well.

3 Likes

Beautiful collection! We have the same interests and I would love to see more! I have a HUGE knife collection and a growing NA jewelry collection I will be posting as well… I hadn’t originally planned to post the knives but you’ve inspired me! I am also a custom maker and have a few pieces that are inspired by the jewelry, with inlaid turquoise etc. Glad to see I’m not the only knife/jewelry freak out there! Ill post the only pic I have handy… more to share later!
Jim
Bonez Custom Knives and Collectables

2 Likes

Hi OldNheavy,

Heck, I’m guessing Indian jewelry and knives have gone together, well… forever. :slightly_smiling_face: Nice work on the chip inlaid handle. I would be very interested to see more of your collections. Feel free to post away! :+1:

2 Likes