Is this lloyd Becenti

I am not finding this hallmark listed as Lloyd Becenti in the books. Hoping that someone can recognize the hallmark and I also need a value for it. I am thinking this is a newer work, like the last 10 to 15 years. I have seen this hallmark attributed to Lloyd in online sales listings, but not sure that is right. The prices I am seeing in these listings online are very high?? Thoughts?

15 Concho and the buckle, all measuring 1 x 1 1/2 inches.

2 Likes

Is that as intricate as his other work?

Hey @Christibo, That’s what the latest Hougarts shows for him. Brothers Floyd and Lloyd used the same BCT stamp early on and later Lloyd added the LL for himself. And I remember something about the C in the middle used to be a cent stamp but that it was lost or stolen.

1 Like

The Schaaf book “American Indian Jewelry II: A-L” has a big spread on Floyd and not so much as a mention of Lloyd?

2 Likes

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he died.

1 Like

I believe it is, when you take into consideration their extremely small size. At only an inch tall and with a fairly substantial border, that leaves a pretty small field for the art to be on, like postage stamp sized. At least I hope so since I just bought the darn thing. I think the trees and shrubs are stamped pretty well if you enlarge the picture. I’m thinking of making a long thin shadowbox type picture frame for it.

2 Likes

A shadow box frame would allow it to be enjoyed all the time. Do it!

2 Likes

I’m just waiting for it to arrive so that I can get the correct measurements :smiley:

1 Like

I think that’s a great idea! Definitely looks like nice workmanship.

“think outside of the box”

Electric Rotating Turntable, Automatic Revolving Platform perfect for 360 Degree Images, Product Display etc

1 Like

Hmmm, pause for thought…