Jewelry cases?

I’ve been looking for a case for my Native American jewelry for a while to use for travel or just for excess space (I usually have them in an curio cabinet) and found this old hard case on eBay. It has 8 drawers. 4 drawers measure 15x8 1/2 and 1 inch deep and 4 are 15x 8 1/2 and 2 1/4 deep. What do you use?

7 Likes

That’s great, Joe. It would be perfect for my favorite stuff - buckles and knives. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That’s an old salesman’s case. May even be an antique. Used to drive all over the Southwest visiting customers with a trunk load of those full of jewelry.

6 Likes

Thanks Tom and Michael, it’s in great shape for its age. I could have gotten a newer soft case but wanted a hard case and I love the vintage stuff.

3 Likes

Great, now I want one. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Well, that’s just pretty darn cool! I’m kinda boring. Store my stuff in a fire proof case and a couple drawers. When I travel, it’s just in whatever I can find that works. Here’s an interesting related older thread…Wooden tool box repurposed as a jewelry box

2 Likes

If you take a case like you have, and then beat the crap out of it, you get a case like mine! It’s still as sturdy as it ever was though. Trade you! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Lol, I’m sure mine will get in that condition at some point.

1 Like

Thunderbird Supply still carries a version or two of these cases. They also have trays to fit in various depths, along with velvet pads, bracelet bars, ring display pads (hold multiple rings).

Pro tip: When I went from driving to flying long distances to see my customers, I traded in the traditional cases for high quality rolling carry on bags that fit the standard sized jewelry trays, or cut down and resized the trays to fit slightly smaller carry on bags.

I believe Thunderbird also carries soft sided, zip up cases to fit the standard trays. While less expensive these are not very sturdy, and if used commercially or often will need to be replaced within a few months as the zippers tend to wear out.

1 Like

Thanks Michael, a travel bag when air traveling is a great idea. Although I’m not much of a seller, I do like to horse trade so bringing some of my stuff with me if I ever get a chance to visit some places would be nice.

1 Like

This is my big case with wheels and retractable handle.
Twice the size of the old case! I added the cardboard panel so the trays would fit a bit snugger, before there had been enough room to let one corner of a tray fall into the tray beneath it!

1 Like

I have a variety of cases I put in a rolling suitcase when doing shows.
This system works well for me.
Two of the cases have removable trays I can use for display.
Two others have small, individual cases in them. I put carded items in them. The carded items are then put on a revolving display.

@AC that silver case is massive, do you do shows…etc?

1 Like

@fernwood I live in Georgia and do not hear of any shows nearby…I wish there were.

I don’t do shows but I’ve been known to carry parts of the collection to select friend’s houses who also collect, for “show and tell” sorts of get togethers!

2 Likes

Jeff, whatcha doin’ Thursday night? :grin: