M. M. Rogers Studio Critters

Ziacat asked about some of the critter items we made in the 80s and 90s. Here’s a shot of a ranger buckle, and some of the bolas and bracelets from my design files. We did lizards, sidewinders, horny toads, water serpents, and bears as well – pins, pendants, neckwear, bracelets, money clips, key chains. Really fun stuff! Will post more in this thread as time allows.

26 Likes

That’s my lizard! Oh, I want one of each of these. I’m on the hunt now, lol. Thanks for sharing ~ I can’t wait to see more.

2 Likes

Really gorgeous stuff, Mike!

5 Likes

Love them!! Thanks for sharing your amazing work.

2 Likes

Thanks Patina, Stracci, and Ziacat :slight_smile: The horned lizard was always my personal favorite. There was a colony of horned lizards not far from my childhood home in Abilene Texas, and I used to spend hours out there with them. In retrospect, I guess I’m lucky I never ran into a rattler out there.

8 Likes

I think that one is my favorite also. I had never seen one until about 9 years ago we were hiking a trail at the GC North Rim and there was one right in the pine needles by my feet. So cool! Like a mini stegosaurus. He posed quite nicely for a photo shoot for me.

3 Likes

You’ll have to post that photo!

3 Likes

Still had it in my computer!

Didn’t take it with a cell phone; we have an actual, for real, digital good camera. I insisted it would have a viewfinder, and still make the old style camera click sound. I had a hard time giving up my point and shoot! And the separate wide-angle lens for the digital still isn’t as good as the one I had for my old school point and shoot. But goodness, I got tired of paying for film and developing.

8 Likes

That’s a handsome horny toad! Looks just like one of mine.

3 Likes

What an interesting looking creature. First one I have ever seen. Thanks for posting.

4 Likes

Just for clarification it’s actually a horned lizard (Phrynosoma)

2 Likes

Yes, but they are very often referred to as horny toads. I believe mmrogers first called it a horned lizard.

3 Likes

Yep. Guess I keep missing things.

We’ve been calling them horny toads since we were children. Used to be a lot of them but haven’t seen many lately. Good to see the one in the photo. Thanks @Ziacat. She/he is a nice one.

3 Likes

Thanks. Your response got double the impact, as I sharedthis info with my husband too. I

Wow! Just wow! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Those designs are awesome, @mmrogers! They would also make great tattoos.!

2 Likes

Had someone use one of my designs for a tattoo, many years ago. They were courteous enough to ask for written permission which is a good idea, because the last thing someone wants is a copyright owner repossessing their tattoo :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

15 Likes

LOL! Good one :sweat_smile: :rofl: :laughing:!

1 Like

Great critters, Mike.
Thanks for sharing ( and making ) these. The horny Toads are just fantastic.

2 Likes