M. Tsosie Bracelet

I believe this bracelet is at least 50 years old.

4 Likes

this mark M. Tsosie is not listed in Hougarts 5th edition and is shown as “questionable”
on art-amerindien

4 Likes

Found this on this forum…M Tsosie Belt Buckle. But which Tsosie?

Do you know when it was bought; is that why you’re guessing 50 years old, which would put it being made in the mid '70s or so? Kind of has a '70s/'80s feel to me. However, I am not very good at figuring out the age of an item.

3 Likes

I’m 70 and it was given to me by my Mom about 40 years ago. Not sure when she bought it. Mom is not around any more, but I believe she had it quite a while and bought it in either Santa Fe or Taos.

3 Likes

I agree with @Ziacat . Mid-70s into the 80s was the height of bear claw use @KV .

4 Likes

I went back and got an older book. Hallmarks of the southwest by Barton Wright. It has four different possibilities. I have screenshot it.

Two of them also worked for Atkinsons trading There may have been variations on the Hallmark over the years.

5 Likes

That time frame makes sense with what I read in the link I added from this forum. Jason (the admin of Turquoise People) had some interesting information on it; he also mentioned the Atkinson Trading Company.

I forgot to say, welcome to the forum!

3 Likes

Thank you for the research. I’m curious as to it’s value. Not wanting to sell, but intrigued as to its value.