Maker ID help please

Yup, there are some deep pocket shoppers I’ve noticed.

2 Likes

my max “if it goes over XX it comes off my watch list” has definitely gone up.

1 Like

I occasionally see items from “that site” elsewhere such as on Etsy. The prices have gone up exponentially there but I also wonder if sites like Poshmark also have sellers with high prices.

2 Likes

If you want to send your wallet into cardiac arrest check the prices on 1stdibs.

4 Likes

I found this one a few days ago. $20 plus S & H & tax. Bought it for the Maisels cuff.

5 Likes

i see that as well - i always kick myself for having stopped bidding too low, when i see something come up for sale later on ebay or etsy at twice my max bid, or more!

i dont buy for resale, i buy things to wear and enjoy for myself.

4 Likes

Yes I’ve had the same problem on there. However, I did snag a good one the other week. It wasn’t marked and there was something else everyone was focused on so I got it pretty cheap. Turns out to be not Lonn Parker but his father Lennie (info from an NA artist who knew him)

. It’s about 20+ grams heavier that the newer ones. There was actually one of Lonn’s listed on Perry Null a week or so ago. Weight is 93+ grams and width is just shy of 1.5”.

9 Likes

It’s gorgeous, love it! It reminds a bit of the cuff in another recent post.Three different hallmarks, two are somewhat contemporary pieces, any clues?

1 Like

great piece, super dynamic with the opposing planes of Turquoise…congrats, great buy !!!

1 Like

Yes it’s very similar in style. From what I was told about mine Lennie Parker started the design and then when he quit making them his son Lonn Parker started. The ones I’ve seen of Lonn’s have more sections of stones (not all are turquoise) and are lighter in weight. I think that was around 1980 or so.

1 Like

Thank you. I love it and it fits like a glove!

And that piece in the other post has a different hallmark.

1 Like

Yes I saw that. I’ve noticed that when a style is popular it ends up being made by several people in their slightly different style.

1 Like

Nice looking cuff! Great silver work and patina!

1 Like

Newbie here…hi everybody! I snagged this Harry H Begay Ingot treasure on EBay last week for $125…it was a sleeper with just one other bidder…did my research on it in Hougart’s 5th edt. Now I have task of of trying to identify the turquoise…these pictures are snagged from EBay as the ring is in transit

5 Likes

Gorgeous!! Not sure about the turquoise…seems like I’m always guessing Kingman but I dunno here… whatever, it’s amazing.

2 Likes

Here are couple of more photos…once I receive the ring I will take an in focus true to color picture and throw it out to the community. HHBegay used gem grade turquoise in his ingot rings…my suspicion is pilot mountain or #8 but the green cast maybe a photo miscoloration…also I will get a better look at the matrix

3 Likes

Nice ring! And you are right about never believing the color of a seller’s pictures. So often they leave a little (or more) to be desired. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

I have been trying to find the maker of this cuff. Similar ones are by Wes Craig and Charles Johnson. Is anyone familiar with the hallmark? Thank you!

2 Likes