Maker please?

@Bmpdvm I don’t believe the center stones are larimar. (Some of the smaller stones also appear to be the same color as the center stones.) I have sterling larimar rings, and the coloration is different from these center stones. From my observations, the “patterns” seen in the center stones here aren’t found in larimar. Just my two cents.

3 Likes

smithsonite <<<<<<

1 Like

the center stone looks like compressed turquoise, or compressed block. the leaf hallmark is commonly associateed with asian imports. the outside stones i can’t tell - apple coral, block gaspeite, and something dark?

6 Likes

I hadn’t seen that about the leaf hallmark. That’s kind of a bummer. But it’s still pretty!

3 Likes

@Jemez2 Thanks. That’s exactly what I think the center stone is also. (But I was a little unsure to post it.)

4 Likes

If I had just searched on this site I would have found other discussions on it. Here’s one.
Hallmark of a leaf

2 Likes

who?! Smithsonite! Where does that come from???

1 Like

WOW! I searched the site prior to posting and thought it was a feather, not a leaf so didn’t see that. Wild that gallery in Abiquiu would knowingly pass that on. I still love them, but…thank you all!

2 Likes

https://www.mindat.org/min-3688.html

2 Likes

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt, and hope that they didn’t know. I think even nice galleries can make mistakes, because there is so much Asian made stuff out there. When I first started shopping for my own items (I had been given some Native made jewelry by my parents), I stumbled on a wonderful pawn shop in downtown Flagstaff where most of the customers were local Navajo. The owner had some Asian jewelry that he used to teach people about fakes. A couple years later I bought a great book called Trading Post Guidebook that covered the Four Corners area (got it at a National Park), and used it (still do) to guide where I would go. Unfortunately many of those trading posts and shops are now closed; probably victims of covid and online shopping.

I have what I thought was a Kewa necklace that I bought in Golden, CO (outside my guidebook’s perimeter :laughing:) that I am now wondering if it could be fake; someday maybe I’ll post it. I have another one I bought in WY that I am now pretty sure is Asian made. Oh well, live and learn.

4 Likes

Sadly, I can’t see this?

which link is giving you a problem?
some of the pages are image heavy

AH, I see the problem now.

BING image search results links have a short shelf life, so what worked on 1/11 is now a dead link on 1/15

1 Like

Thank you! This works.

The Sundance catalog currently has some very similar earrings listed for sale online. They call them “Bloom on a Wire”.

2 Likes

Scroll back up?? There were several replies, but head to the top?

1 Like

Thanks @ Patina. My only exposure to Larimar was on a cruise years ago; they had TONS of it. Didn’t pay much attention since I was not going to buy anything, but having googled it again, Larimar seems to have a similar color, but more of a clean “cellular” look (my description based on my history in cellular physiology😊). Regardless, I’ve never seen this type of stone used in NA made jewelry.

2 Likes

@Bmpdvm My two larimar rings are not Native American made. I agree, I haven’t seen that particular stone used in NA jewelry, either.

3 Likes

The earrings are pretty!
That center stone looks like composite turquoise, not larimar.
I love Abiquiu, too!

1 Like

I agree. Larimar has more whites in it.

1 Like