Need help IDing this..."Arizona Turquoise"?

So this was sold to me as “Arizona Turquoise.” Anyone have any insight if it is or not? Thanks in advance!

Ummm, where’s the turquoise?

3 Likes

Could it be yellow turquoise?
What is being sold as yellow turquoise is usually yellow Jasper or dyed howlite. Many retail establishments are marketing yellow turquoise. Some even say it was mined in AZ, NM, CO and NV. That most of the mines have exhausted the supply. Some say it is mined in China.

1 Like

Just a SWAG, possibly yellow magnesite from Australia?

3 Likes

SWAG? Need 20 characters…

1 Like

As opposed to a WAG @Ziacat : Scientific Wild-Assed Guess.

6 Likes

Ahhh, got it! Went right over my head :laughing:

1 Like

Slightly more credible than a WAG. :grin:

3 Likes

My SWAG here is Serpentine. Used a lot in Zuni fetishes. Easy to carve, takes a nice polish.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Amazing isn’t it, how many minerals take on magical healing powers once it’s discovered you can obtain a supply and make a buck off them? Even more amazing is when with the power of the dollar behind them they shape shift into other completely different minerals! :joy: :joy: :joy:

10 Likes

@mmrogers I wish that all of my low-grade turquoise would shape shift into Lander Blue, Lone Mountain, Godber Burnham, Ithaca Peak… :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Yep, those “healing” stones let you get in touch with your inner self while they allow the seller to get in touch with your inner wallet. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9 Likes

Heck, @Patina, and @StevesTrail, I’ve seen Chinese turquoise shape shift, and turn into Lander Blue, Bisbee, Kingman, you name it, right here on the forum! :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

You guys crack me up.
I do WAG and SWAG!
If you have arthritis in the fingers like me, I recommend a big turquoise ring on every finger.
The healing juju in that blue stuff works wonders!:joy::joy::joy:

7 Likes

Thanks for all the S/WAG ! :wink:

2 Likes

Finally I have a rock-solid scientifico-spiritual excuse to load up every single finger with turquoise! Although in my case it’s an arthritis preventative :wink:

4 Likes