Needing help with Hallmark

@Jason Well, this markers mark is engraved into the cuff ! I realize it’s a long shot! Lady I bought it from says she has had it 25 yrs or more! Bought it out west! It’s very heavy and has leaves and raindrop motif! Thanks in advance! Here’s some pictures!

4 Likes

Hello this is really lovely! That seems like an owners initals rather than a makers mark to me. Makers rarely put periods between initials. Did you remove the stickers or were they already gone before you recieved it? Can you take pics of the sides of the inside just to be sure theres not something we are missing please…thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

@koliopee HI there, thanks for replying! No the stickers were gone when I purchased it ! Previous owner said the initials wash from the maker; however who knows! She told me she purchased it new for $650. I got it at a very good price, less than $200; and it’s different than all my other cuffs! It’s weighs 82 grams! I looked with a loop, nothing on the inside! :relieved:

1 Like

Well I’m thinking those leaves are very unique…so if we search google enough we might be able to find your maker by looking for that leaf design on other pieces and then comparing the rest of the piece…those leaves may be the key!

1 Like

@koliopee Have you ever seen anything like this one! It’s odd to me! And I can’t find the hallmark on it!

1 Like

@Jason Can you please help identify what the stone is and the markers mark!

1 Like

@koliopee I always buy something different, I’m just odd I guess! But I sure liked the look of the cuff!

Very Wow! I’ll be back! I have to consult the Google deities…lol The makers mark is a picto and a very crisp Z…definitely real turq and a little cab of shell or maybe coral do you feel like the colors match the photo and can you take a close focused shot of the two cabs? That would help confirm their id’s

1 Like

Moses Jack maybe and it does look Navajo

1 Like

@koliopee It’s being shipped! I bought it, but don’t have it in my hands! I was hoping I made the right decision! YIKES! I’m learning, but I have never seen this brown color in a stone! But I do like the spiny at the bottom! Thanks for helping! I have pulled out my books and everything, don’t have a clue! I’m a fly by the seat of my pants kinda person! :grimacing:

2 Likes

WOW… your are good! What’s the Z ; I wonder… a shop maybe!

1 Like

Thanks but im still looking to back that up with a picture…I bet thats a knockout piece of kingman…I wonder if he is from the Begay family too…I see shared tecniques!

Pieces I mean…wow what a cuff!

@koliopee I only have a few pictures ! Wish I had more!

@koliopee

So what made you go for it? Any special reason?

1 Like

I am referring to the first bracelet, in Bille Hougart’s book he has a Jack Bly who uses a J.B. The stone is sea foam Kingman. Second bracelet could possibly be Royston. I don’t know that mark.

2 Likes

IDK! I like big bold stuff! I have bought lots of KEWA Santo Domingo beads! I’m good with beads ! I’m just not real good with cuffs!

I find this at thrift for $85!

1 Like

@Jason Thanks so much for your wisdom! You Rock!

1 Like

Wow that Royston is really neat!
Me too!
Amazing Jacla heishi necklace…where do you live im in Ohio we dont see cool pieces like thet here unless you come to my shop…lol

1 Like