Needing help with Hallmark

2 Likes

@Greatrocks123 Look at the cuff above, what do you think the stone is! I hope it’s not BLOCK! :tired_face:

My guess is the stone is manufactured …Here is a good read. Kyle

1 Like

@Greatrocks123 It’s us supposedly nacozari turquoise!

Yes, my take as well.

I find this photo funny. The photo is from Brown’s Trading Co. On his website they state that Nacozari turquoise is noted for very little matrix–this is true. But 70% of the cab shown is matrix. Nacozari Turquoise is new to me. But searching the web Brown’s is the only example that looks like this.

We’re at the mercy of the photos provided. In that bracelet the bronze-ish “matrix” look to be extremely translucent, like you can see far below the surface, as compared to the surrounding turquoise. And very light-bouncy when photo’ed. Is that how it looks to the eye? This is a classic look for resin/processed product, and very different from matrix in mined American turquoise.

Here is a stone very similar to yours. I thought I had one like that I had to dig a little to find it for you. I bought this on ebay from China. It’s a man made composite. I paid $ .29 for it, I knew it was man made when I bought it but I liked the colors and I plan to cut it into a useful shape later. Hope this helps,Kyle

4 Likes

@Greatrocks123 Well, it could be! I didn’t give much for it! I can return it, or keep it! I’m kinda in the fence about it! :thinking:I like it, and it’s definitely different! Thanks!

It’s Mohave in Arizona but Mojave in California, which technically under Spanish language rules is how it should be spelled. The original word came from the Aha Macav tribe who are now called the Fort Mohave tribe.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I live in Spain…its always Mojave for me!!

1 Like