New belt buckle

Love the design and the inlay but I don’t know anything about the artist. The mark looks like SD, but not quite like the ones on the Amerinden site. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2 Likes

I would love to be able to adapt this and wear it with my beads. Does anyone sell something that would work for this??

1 Like

Your buckle is a Navajo chip inlay piece by William Singer, brother of the more famous Tommy Singer. Tommy is credited with the first use of chip inlay in 1970, William started producing a few years later. Both did quite a lot of chip inlay. Enjoy!

1 Like

Awhile back there was a thread that mentioned something to put on a buckle to temporarily convert it to a pendant. I had a buckle permanently converted to a pendant, but that was because I was sure I was never going to wear it as a buckle ( it was a small one and wouldn’t fit on my belts). My new Hopi brooch- Allen Pooyouma!
The discussion about the buckle converter is towards the end of the thread.

Good find on your buckle! I’ve got a Tommy Singer chip inlay cuff and wear it A LOT. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thank you, I do love it! Unfortunately, my figure no longer can wear belts…lol. But I would love to wear this as a pendant! I will check your thread for the adapter.

1 Like