New "discovery"

haven’t been to my enabler\pusher in weeks & decided I needed to get out while I had a chance;bad mistake. jeff had a new treasure on display…a single-stone bracelet that would look big on a mr.universe. it’s signed AH=scratched,not stamped
there was a 5-stone bracelet nearby that was nice enough,decent price,stamped initials. was told he’d “make a deal” if I took both.

I’m home w/money still in my pocket but…have a feeling I’m going back before the year ends.
I haven’t felt screwed by jeff & I get he makes a living on resales. this would be a major purchase for me-so,crazy buy or stupid to let pass?

9 Likes

If the bracelets are gone next week, will you be sad?
If so, then grab them while you can.

You only go around once…buy the jewelry :ring:

6 Likes

He will also make you a deal on the one bracelet you really want (if I’m interpreting your response to the other one correctly). He’s in the business, and motivated. Get the one; don’t feel compelled to lob in something that’s of lesser interest. But, get the one! I’m excited for you!

6 Likes

I agree! There’s nothing wrong with taking a breather to determine if that bracelet is the one you really want. If you are still thinking of it, and kicking yourself for not getting it, go for it and pass on the second one. As @chicfarmer said, he’ll likely make you a deal on the first without the second! And then you can be happy you got what you wanted and feel good you had the restraint not to buy them both😬. (I’m hoping to see a picture posted soon!)

7 Likes

So… if he won’t make a deal for just one, do you love the one enough to take both? And I agree, thinking on it is always good unless you think it might get sold quickly. For me, when I know, I know. Are you like that, or do you like to ruminate on it a bit?

6 Likes

see,there it is…don’t love either piece.
the smaller bracelet looks NA ,better than average quality,pro work,nice size & quality stones,decent price.

the other cuff says one-off,artist made,w/almost a scent of testosterone …“not daring you to wear this-you already know you can’t pull it off”.

what I think I’m feeling is plain old greed-how can I let this monster escape? kinda like the effie c 3-coral ring I saw last week go for over $400.

3 Likes

If it’s haunting you, get it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Greed is part of life too @newpawn. Especially post-COVID. Great price? Go for it and sell it later. :grin: :money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

@TaraFawn75 Yep. 'Cause the worst haunting is when you don’t buy it, but can’t get it out of your mind. And, you go the next day to purchase it and it’s already been sold. Ugh.

4 Likes

And in my case I’m still searching for it 4’years later :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

3 Likes

@TaraFawn75, 4 years!!! Oh my gosh, what was it? If you can describe “it” accurately, maybe some of us can help you find “it”:smile:. Or, something very similar…of coarse, sometimes there is a connection that defies description. I’ve always felt that if a purchase doesn’t work out, it wasn’t meant to be, and there’s so, so, so much more out there!

2 Likes

This necklace, unsigned.
It hurts to even look at it :weary::weary::weary::weary::sob::sob::sob::sob:

4 Likes

When I genuinely can’t decide on a purchase, I imagine walking away from the item, then seeing someone else walk up, spot it and promptly buy it.

Do I feel a sense of faint relief, or maybe even a “meh, whatever” moment? That means: don’t buy it.

Am I awash with remorse and kicking myself for my foolishness? That means: DO buy it.

It’s a quick and dirty mental exercise, but it’s pretty good at helping me understand how much I really want it.

6 Likes

@chamekke Oooh, I’m going to try your technique next time I’m uncertain about buying a piece of jewelry! Thx for sharing.

2 Likes

OK…Wowza! now that’s a horse of a different color, as they say in the Wizard of Oz. Chances of finding another one is like seeing a horse changing color. But, you never know, I’ll keep my eyes out for something similar :blush:.

2 Likes

5 Likes

So @Steve, after your finders fee that would make it say… 12,000? :joy:

4 Likes

back support might be a better purchase. looks heavy

4 Likes

@TaraFawn75 Well, there goes the kitchen remodel. :confused:

4 Likes

Hi, Did you end up getting the bracelet?!?

2 Likes