New members immediately doing multiple sales listings

Might there be some rule about an amount of time participating meaningfully on the threads to earn the privilege of listing sales items? Realizing it’s always buyer beware, it still seems uncool that a new member can hop on and clutter with sales of random jewelry, not even Native made, devoid of description or prices even. Sketchy flea market impression.

14 Likes

agreed. we’ve had a few newer members recently that felt like either scammers or people looking to argue with someone.

7 Likes

Agree! I like that we have the mini-marketplace here but I think some people may be thinking this is a place they can unload whatever mystery stuff they have without paying a fee, and we’re going to pay whatever random price they pull out of their butt because we are interested in NA jewelry.

Not to mention a very scammer vibe!

7 Likes

So I was able to set posting in Trading and Selling to only trust level 2 members.

13 Likes

Thanks Jason!

[typing additional characters so I will be permitted to post…]

2 Likes

Would you please explain how you become a level 2 member? I’ve been on for some time and answered several questions and asked several and received a couple badges. But I have no clue how to be a level 2 member. Thanks!

2 Likes

Here you go! Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

2 Likes

New member doing a thousand selling-related threads “how do I price my stuff” right away, right now. I thought a mechanism was in place to prevent this.

4 Likes