New pretties from estate sale

I am assuming that these were earrings. I don’t have anything to test the silver, but they are not magnetic. I can see two marks, but I have no idea who the artist might be…any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I am learning, but slowly.

5 Likes

The HL might be Herman Lee. Some of his pieces are also hallmarked with an additional hallmark.

2 Likes

I believe that one of the marks is the Hopi craft guild mark. But I don’t have my book right in front of me. I think they totally look like Hopi earrings.

5 Likes

Yes, the top one is similar to Hopi Craft Guild.

4 Likes

And maybe check out a couple of these?

Sorry, I kind of covered up the name on that one on the bottom; it’s Emory Holmes.

5 Likes

Wow!! Thanks for the info…I really appreciate it.So thrill to have a Hopi piece. I think this is my first!!

3 Likes

These are absolutely lovely. Congratulations!

1 Like

Thanks!! Now I just have to get them some earwires!

1 Like

In the meantime, could you string one of them on a leather cord or thin silver chain as a pendant? They’re lovely, and will look great as earrings, but maybe gives you an option for now. Great find!

3 Likes

Sounds like a great idea…I would probably wear them more often as a pendant than earrings. I’ve never been much for long dangle earrings and these are about an inch and a quarter long without the wires.

3 Likes

Very pretty I love finding beautiful native jewelry at estate sales!

1 Like