New to the forum and would really appreciate some help identifying some stones?

Hi everyone,
I’m brand new here and looking to educate myself on Native American jewelry, specifically turquoise pieces. I recently inherited a LOT of jewelry pieces from my mother who traveled extensively and picked up some beautiful turquoise pieces over the course of her long life. Is this the right place for me and what’s the best approach? Thank you!

4 Likes

Welcome! You are definitely in the right place. I would suggest reading as much as you can on here; I learned a lot by doing that. If you want to post pieces to learn about, maybe just post one or two at a time with some specific questions. Sometimes when people post a bunch of stuff in one thread it can get confusing.

4 Likes

When you post an item, add as much info as you have about it, such as when and where your mom bought it (if you know). And if they have hallmarks, try posting a pic of those also. You can also use the search bar to find threads related to things you have.

4 Likes

Welcome. I recommend picking up some of the good books in the reading thread, to begin the education process. Many can be had secondhand, or if you have a library that orders things in.

When adding pics here, be sure to take clear, closeup photos and also of the reverse side (where any hallmarks/stamps would be). Agree, only a very few at any one time.

3 Likes