New watch band

Just returned from Wyoming. Picked up a watch band by Navajo, Bruce Morgan. I was looking for something simple with stamp work to go with my belt buckles. The watch tips and stainless steel “stretch” band were shiny new, but I saw the potential. Got home, removed the stretch band, found a sterling 16mm buckle on the internet (that was difficult), put a patina on the tips and buckle, then made a distressed leather band. Watch is a 1970s manual wind Citizen.

Ridiculously, beautiful country…

12 Likes

Love it! I haven’t worn one since I tripped on a trail and broke mine. Maybe someday I’ll get something like that… I like the dark leather band, it’s perfect. Nice work!

Wyoming is so beautiful. Bet you had an amazing time. Lovely pic, and you get extra credit for being on a horse :grin: Haven’t been to the Tetons in a long time, but in '20 we drove out to SD and WY. We didn’t have time to get further than Cody, but spent time in the Bighorns. Years ago one of my aunts lived in Jackson Hole and an uncle in Casper, so we used to go visit.

3 Likes

Thanks! We were in Cody, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, and Jackson. Fourth time for all. Jackson has become super expensive. Doubt we’ll go back for an extended stay. Since our last visit, two long established Western art galleries closed due to high rent. Still a great town and the Tetons are magnificent.

2 Likes

Well, that’s sad. Last time we considered going I noticed Jackson was so expensive. We really loved Buffalo and Sheridan, maybe you can go east of Cody next time! But not as many galleries, although Sheridan has some great shops. One art gallery owner in Buffalo has a son who played for the Bears so my hubby had fun chatting.

Anyway, what you did with the watch is amazing.

2 Likes

Very Beautiful :+1::blush: I love it

1 Like

Really well done, TAH
Simple and elegant,

1 Like