Old School Bracelet Purchase

Here is my latest purchase. An old school crafted sterling bracelet set with, yes @Ziacat , I think it might be Kingman turquoise.

12 Likes

Wow! That is a great bracelet.
I love how the nuggets were set to represent a flower.

2 Likes

Wow, very nice, a stunner for sure! I love the nugget look especially myself

2 Likes

@StevesTrail Great cuff! It’s got a terrific rustic look which I like. It ain’t Kingman until @Ziacat calls it :grinning::star_struck: (Honestly, that’s what I think it is, too.)

4 Likes

True @Patina , the Kingman Queen has not spoken.

3 Likes

Sorry, was at work teaching children how to skate and yelling at hockey kids :triumph:

Yes, I would guess Kingman on this one also. But hey! I do guess other kinds of turquoise sometimes :laughing: Nice big cuff with lots of turquoise, but might need to do some weight lifting to wear it.

4 Likes

In a week or so I will have you guess at one that I’m not sure what it is, but I know it is not Kingman.:smile:

3 Likes

But now you gave me a clue ahead of time so I can prepare :laughing:

Funny thing, I’m wearing a cuff right now that I might have guessed Kingman (although someone had wondered if it was Stormy Mountain), but Jason said it looks like Indian Mountain, so that shows how I really am just guessing, hopefully in an educated way, but guessing all the same. It does amaze me how Kingman can have such variety.

1 Like

So many mines are the same way, many differing varieties. But some have certain specific looks that only come from one place. For example Bisbee comes to mind, some of it you can tell that it could only be Bisbee. Here this can tide you over until I receive the piece that I hinted at. My wife’s Valentines gift last night.

16 Likes

Well now. THAT’S impressive…I need to have a talk with my husband :laughing:

I have no clue on the turquoise; I could prob guess one of many different mines. As far as Bisbee being recognizable, apparently not to me. I have a buckle I inherited from my mom that had a very pretty stone which became loose. When I finally sent it away to be tightened, the owner of the store called me to tell me she felt it was a piece of smokey Bisbee. Good thing I had it fixed. I also have a ring I’ve had for decades, but just a few years ago I looked at the receipt from the store. It says “Bisbee turquoise.” I hadn’t even remembered that. :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

Stunning bracelet @markyboy57 ! Reminds me of a favorite story.

Two elderly women were looking at rings when I was doing shows. One was admiring a ring and said to her friend that she would have to ask her husband. Her friend replied: “I told my husband a good woman was expensive to keep” and she did purchase a ring. :thinking:

I sold more items to women accompanied by their men by telling that story to them. For some it was like a light went on. Also got some dirty looks from the men. Great fun. :grin:

6 Likes

@markyboy57 Boy Howdy! What a fabulous Valentine’s Day gift! Lucky woman. That’s a beauty of a turquoise cuff.

1 Like

@StevesTrail Thats a cool looking cuff! Approximately how wide is the cuff part? Am I off thinking maybe 1-1/8" or so?

@markyboy57 Your cuff reminds me of this one, they’re designed similarly!

5 Likes

I kinda wanted to guess Blue Gem on this cuff (but that’s all it is - a big giant guess)… @markyboy57 …are you gonna tell us what it is?

1 Like

Right on @AC for the width.

2 Likes

StevesTrail, That’s a great story. Ziacat’s husband needs to talk to you :grin:

Yes Ziacat, it is blue gem

AC, The cuff is 2 1/4 " top to bottom and 3 1/4" side to side

3 Likes

Woohoo! See I do guess things besides Kingman :laughing:

Seriously, it’s really beautiful. I have a Zuni cuff with a bunch of SB stones, but your turquoise is much glowier (how’s that for technical terminology) than mine.

And actually my husband’s pretty chill with all the money I spend on Native American jewelry. However, he says I have the knack of finding the most expensive thing in the room. Fortunately I understand that our budget doesn’t allow for the most expensive thing in the room :grin:

3 Likes

I hear you on that. I am very careful on how much I spend on the jewelry usually, but sometimes will splurge when an unusual piece is found.

And yes, you guessed correctly and I meant to say
Ding, ding, ding winner winner, chicken dinner :chicken:

4 Likes

I bet you have a happy wife! That is beautiful and it appears to fit perfectly! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks, she is very happy and yes, seeing that she has small wrists, her first comment (well second) was that it fit her perfectly. It is the least I can do to show her how much she means to me, after all she has to put up with me! :joy:

1 Like